Chapter 2

It was during Ms. Mendeleiev's class that the Akuma attacked.

The window exploded as a large tree branch came crashing in through the side window, flying over the teacher's desk and barely missing her. Marinette was glad that she wasn't sitting near the window as they were showered with fragments of glass. Despite being 'used' to Akuma attacks, the majority of the class screamed as they covered their faces as best they could.

As the dust settled, the students started to scramble to pack up their things, not saying a word. While she would have normally protested and told the students to wait for an evacuation announcement, Ms. Mendeleiev said nothing, standing there in shock.

"-the hell was that?" Flash yelled in English, waiting for an explanation. He stamped his foot and turned to the nearest student from Marinette's class, "Why do you all seem..." He paused, waving his hands in frustration as he attempted to find the right words in French, "less... phased than I would have expected when a- a tree just came flying through the window? Is this a regular occurrence for you?" He turned back to Peter, "What other sh-"

He was interrupted by an alarm and a voice over the loudspeakers, "Akuma Alert. If you are hearing this announcement, please find a safe place to shelter. Ladybug and Chat Noir will take care of the Akuma."

"Oh, I read about Akumas." Michelle stated, furrowing her brows.

"Oh yeah?" Alya's eyes flashed as she shoved the rest of her things into her bag. "Through a website called The Ladyblog by any chance?"

"Alya now is not the time-" Nino started.

"Uhh, maybe. I don't know." Michelle glanced at Flash, "This is a regular occurrence for them. Some supervillain."

"Wait we're being attacked by an Akuma Akuma?" Flash also started shoving things back into his bag.

"I don't think there's any other type of Akuma, so yes." Peter snapped as students began to hurriedly file out of the classroom.

"I need to get home. My father will be worried about me when he hears the school was attacked." Adrien said quickly, grabbing his bag darting out of the room.

"Hey!" Flash yelled after him. "Aren't I staying with you? Wait for me!" He scrambled to put the rest of his things in his bag. "That guy moves fast!" He turned to the rest of the students in the class, fear plastered on his face. "How am I going to catch up? I don't know this city!"

"I'll show you, dude." Nino picked up his bag. "Adrien is my bro, I know where he lives."

"Okay." Flash said nervously.

The two of them hurriedly made their way out of the classroom, Flash considerably more nervous than Nino was.

Marinette turned back to Alya and couldn't help but smile as she saw her friend sling her bag over her shoulder and pull out her phone, taking photos and video of the ruined classroom. "Is it a waste of breath for me to ask you to stay out of danger?"

"Yep."

Marinette sighed and then jumped as Peter spoke from directly behind her, "Where is she going?"

She turned to look at him, "She's going to go film the Akuma for her blog."

"Not just the Akuma, the heroes who will defeat it!" Alya corrected, grinning at them and dashing out the doorway just as Adrien had done a minute prior.

Peter murmured something in English and then spoke aloud in French, "That's right. France has superheroes as well, huh?"

"Yeah. Supervillains and superheroes tend to go together." Marinette replied, distracted. She needed to leave as soon as possible, before another branch was thrown into the room. "I need to go after Alya," she lied, "so I can catch up to her and try to make sure she stays safe." She tried to excuse herself.