Chapter 4- Kim

welcome~ thank u for sticking with the book so far ! happy reading <3

The first half of the day was relatively uneventful. It was pretty much just introductions, and people reconnecting after summer break. Alia's schedule wasn't terrible--- however, she only had one class with Marshall, which was a mandatory college preparation class. It would be a lie to say she wasn't a little bit disappointed, however, she was kind of expecting it. Marshall didn't quite seem like the stereotypical honors student. She had three classes with Noah, however, since he happened to be in some of the honors and AP classes as well. At least she would know someone in her classes. Her teachers also seemed nice, more or less, and Alia was certain she would do fine in her classes.

Soon enough, it was the period before lunchtime. Marshall had previously texted her, saying that he would pick her up and take her to the lunchroom. Alia felt fluttered when Marshall said that she would probably get lost without him.

"Alright, my name is Mr. Ford. Welcome to American History through the magnifying glass," The history teacher said. This was one of the classes that wasn't a part of the honor or AP program, as it was an elective. The kids in the class were...interesting. Alia couldn't tell if they were in the class because they genuinely wanted to take the elective, or just because they were obligated to take a history class. Alia suspected the latter, judging by their expressions.

"Can we go around and introduce ourselves?" Mr. Ford asked. he gestured for a girl to speak first, the one who walked in late. She was a blonde-- Alia couldn't tell if she was a natural one, though. She wore dark, unblended lip liner, the color of a blackberry, paired with a light blue eyeshadow. Alia couldn't help but stare at the... strange-looking lipliner. The girl wore an aqua blue tank top along with dark-washed denim low-waisted jeans.

"Uh, my name's Kim." Kim seemed to be the picture-perfect example of what Marshall, Deshaun, and Noah had been describing as the 'crazy-ass girls' of Detroit. Kim looked like a bitch, the type of girl to bully someone just because she was bored. Alia naïvely hoped it wouldn't be her.

"Last name? I'm taking attendance here."

"Scott. Kim Scott." She responded, rolling her eyes.

"Kimberly?"

"Obviously..." Kim retorted. Damn. You could say she had an attitude. Something about this girl already rubbed Alia the wrong way-- maybe it was the combination of the botched makeup or her terrible attitude. She inwardly groaned at the fact that she would have to spend the whole year with this girl. Soon enough, it was Alia's turn.

"Alia Maydine," Kim's head snapped towards her. She narrowed her eyes as if she were studying her. Come to think of it, she probably was.

"You're Alia?" Kim snorted, looking at her.

"Did you not just hear me?" Alia responded.