A rocky beginning!

Alexia and Dawn were riding together on Route 202, where their next stop would be Jubilife City. But first things first, the two of them braked to a stop before they ran down together.

"Piplup, come on out!"

Piplup was sent out, allowing him to joined them as they sat together against a rock.

"Piplup, I am psyched and all, but I'm starting to wonder what a new Pokémon trainer like me and Lexi does first."Dawn hummed as they stared at the skies together.

"Pip?"Piplup tilt his head in curiosity, Kirlia was curious too as she stared up at her trainer.

"Well... for starters, we can't always rely on just Kirlia and Piplup as there will be times when we will need new friends to help us. So..."Alexia said with a smile, before turning to Dawn, who smiled and nodded.

"Let's catch some Pokémon!"The best friends exclaimed together.

"You should go first."Alexia suggest.

"Are you sure?"Dawn asked surprised.

"Of course."

"Alright then! Let's go!"Dawn excitedly exclaimed, they turned only to see...

"A Buneary!"Dawn gasped, she immediately pointed her Pokédex to scan it.

"Buneary, the Rabbit Pokémon. By quickly extending its rolled-up ears, it can launch a powerful attack against its enemies."

Alexia look at Dawn wondering how she's planning to catch it.

"We have to watch out for those ears, so here's the deal. The best way to catch a Pokémon is to battle it with another Pokémon until it gets weak, and that's where you come in. You ready?"Dawn asked.

"Piplup!"

"Okay, Piplup. Let's use Bubble Beam!"Dawn called out, as Piplup launch his attack."There's nothing like calling an attack, awesome!"Dawn giggled.

"Keep your focus, Dawn!"Alexia warned her friend, they watched to see Buneary jump out of the way at a quick pace.

"What a jump!"Dawn gasped while Piplup was startled as she was as he looked around. Dawn notice Buneary appearing right behind Piplup.

"Peck attack! Buneary's behind you!"

But as Piplup turned to strike, Buneary easily dodged the attack before using its right ear to punch him hard, the impact was enough to knock Piplup away.

"No."Dawn gasped as Alexia sighed. Dawn rushed over to hold Piplup in her arms.

"You okay, Piplup-"

SMACK!

"AH!"

Alexia winced when she saw Buneary jumping on Dawn face before hopping away, making its escape as her and Kirlia went over to check on them.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, but Piplup, how do you feel?"Dawn asked, but they could see Piplup looking sad, with what just happened.

"Seems like he was hoping to begin this one with a successful catch."Alexia said, causing Dawn to console Piplup.

"Hey, don't let it get to you, everyone makes mistakes the first time around. You've just gotta keep trucking."Dawn said confidently as she stood up with a bold look. That seems to cheer Piplup up as he made the same expression as Dawn's, regaining the confidence he needed to keep going.

"Well then, I guess it's my turn to try. Ready, Kirlia?"Alexia turned to her partner, who nodded.

"What kind of Pokémon are you looking for?"Dawn asked.