Deadman's party

'I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?' Clary asked.

'Do mundanes have badass powers?' I asked her.

'No.' Clary said.

'Well then, there you have you're answer.' I replied.

'It's because we protect humans.' Isabelle said.

'You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job guys. You rock.' Clary said.

'There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense.' Alec said to her.

'Alec not now.' Isabelle said.

'And don't forget, we are the ones that brought him in this world. It's on us too.' I said to Clary.

'Look they won't do anything to Simon. They just want to draw you guys out.' Jace said. 'They want the Cup and they think you two have it.'

'But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that?' Clary asked. 'What, our mom lies to our whole entire lives except "Oh by the way there is this magic cup, I hid on the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone." What are we supposed to do now?'

'We have to report it to the clave. They have to know what we learned about Valentine.' Alec said.

'What, that he is our father?' I asked him.

'Great, fine tell them. What good does that do Simon?' Clary asked.

'It's all connected. The vamps want the Cup.' Jace said.

'Why it makes new Shadowhunters.' Clary said.

'Nobody want Valentine forming an army loyal to himself.' Alec answered.

'Preach to that.' I said.

'Plus it controls demons.' Isabelle said.

'They'll propose a tarde. Simon for the Cup.' Jace said to us.

'So vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade our mother for the Cup.' Clary said for her and me. 'Either way, we lose someone we love.'

'We can't win.' I said sadly making Clary grab my hand.

'What if we just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves.' Clary said.

'So this doesn't matter to you?' Alec asked.

'Yes Of course, it matters.' Clary said. 'When you saved our lives, we put our trust in you. Now we need you to put your trust in us. We can't turn into what you are overnight.'

'It's true they were raised as a mundane.' Isabelle said.

'What are you her spokesman now?' Alec asked Isabelle.

'We don't need a spokesman.' 'We need a plan.' Clary began with the sentence and I finished it.

I was working on a tablet and looked over the camera's and saw the vamps headed towards Hotel DuMort with Simon.

'Look at all this stuff, these screens. I mean can any of this help us find Simon?' I heard Clary ask.

'Already ahead of you.' I said to her while showing the four of them the tablet.

'Okay so we have to go there. Let's go.' Clary said.

'We need a Clave resolution for that.' Alec said.

'The five of us can't declare war on the vamps all by ourselves.' Isabelle said.

'And we can't react without considering our options.' Alec added. 'Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not.'