Chapter 7

"Hun, how about you go and call home and tell the rest of your family Nicole's-"

"Nikki's" I correct him.

"Sorry." He paused, rolling his eyes. "Nikki's situation." He says as he sends me a forced smile that transforms into a grimace caused by anger.

"Yeah, I should. I'll be right back baby." My mom sighs as she gives me a sorry look as she kisses Jace on his cheek.

As soon as my mom left the room, there was a moment of awkward silence before Jace- or should I say Jackson- swiftly walks up to the door, shuts the blinds and locks the door.

"Babygirl." He hisses, with a facual expression I can't quite describe. "Did you really think I was gone forever?" He lays his large hand on my shoulder, sliding slowly towards to my chest.
-
-
*Flashback*
-
-
"Baby, can you come over here please?" Jackson said as he plopped down on his plush, ridiculously expensive genuine leather couch.

"Yes, Jackson?" I answer dryly.

"Don't answer me like that. I've had a hard ass day and I don't need to end by hurting you because you wouldn't behave." He warns in a dangerous tone. "Now,come here!"

I briskly walk towards jackson, I really didn't want to see what he would do to me. I still have the bruises on my thighs from last week when I burnt his steak.

"Sit on my lap." He instructed. I gingerly sat on the she of his lap, afraid that he might comment about my weight. He grunts in frustration as her pulls me closer.

"Why don't you do things right, Nikki?" He says as he draws abstract patterns on my lower back, way to close to my arse than I'd prefer.

"I try my best, I'm sorry." I mumble, as the oh so familiar burning sensation at the back of my eyes becomes present again.

"I need you to try a little harder for me, ok?" He tries to be patient, but the sound of annoyance is laced thickly on his voice.

"So went to town today..." He pauses. "They changed the reward for your return to 50K. It's just so funny watching them run around like chickens with their heads chopped off. I wonder what I could do with with 50 grand."

A flicker of hope erupted in me.
Is he thinking of giving me back?

Maybe if I push on it he might consider. "You be a lot better off without me, that's one for sure."

I suggest as I look into his emerald green irises. His eyebrows furrow in confusion. I continue to explain.

"I mean, think if it!" I say as I sit up, establishing proper eye contact. "Keeping me will only cost you money, but giving me back will give you money! Think of all the things you could do with 50k! You could get a new car, or a luxurious trip with a woman you can actually go outside with, compared to being with me. Jackson, I can't even go near the windows!" I practically scream.

"That's enough." He says as he grab a fistfull of my hair, and yanks my head in the direction of the dark basement, where he would leave me down there hours , sometimes days at end with nothing but dirty, disease filled water and my finger nails to eat.

"Jackson, please don't put me down there." I plead. "Jackson!"
A sharp stinging feeling springs from my cheek as my head turns left.

He slapped me.

The bloody bastard just slapped me.

"Oh and baby girl, do you really think if I were to let you go I'd be gone forever?" He says with a sly smirk as he throws me down the stairs, to what I hope is a quick death.
-
-
-
-
Ok so I won't be updating for a while, probably the rest of the summer.I want to blow through summer duty free, so with this story its kind of putting rain on my parade.

Sorry

-A