Chapter Twenty Two. [S2]

~~~~

~~~~

Shale, screen your worry
From what you won't ever find

Don't let it fool you
Don't let it fool you down

----

Sea and the rock below
Cocked to the undertow
Bones, blood and teeth erode
With every crashing node

----

You barely are blinking
Wagging your face around
When'd this just become a mortal home?

~~~~

Third Person Perspective~

THE three boys screamed, grunted and yelled. They had felt their hearts drop into the pit of their stomach the second they heard the girls yell about the water level rising.

They had ran over to the drain hole instantly, pushing themselves and ignoring the burns in their bodies from the run they had just endured.

JJ, upon hearing Kie yell that Rory had slipped away, felt his world turn upside down. He screamed out loud, punching the concrete before pulling onto the lid of the manhole. He couldn't let his girl just drown in a sewer when he was a mere one feet above her.

Jackson and Pope were putting all their strength and power into pulling the lid up. Kie's face still visible, through the tiny air holes, as she had clung onto the ladder to keep herself from slipping away.

"Guys, please, hurry," Kie cried. She looked down into the water and cried harder when she couldn't find Rory. "Rory! Guys, I can't--I can't see her..."

"No, no, no," JJ yelled, pulling out his knife as he tried to punch into the rim of the lid, trying to pull it open. But with the power he'd applied, the knife had broken into two pieces.

"Hold on, we'll get you guys out!" Jack screamed.

JJ could feel that piercing stabbing pain in his chest appear, knowing that a panic attack was approaching at the thought of loosing the love of his life. He grunts before bringing his shaking hands to pull onto the lid again.