chapter seven

-Paul was standing there with a girl. She had beautiful golden hair, opposite to my dark brown practically black hair. Her skin was clear and glowy, she was incredibly stunning.

From a few quick glances, I was able to determine they were waiting for their table. I tried to keep my attention focused on our meal and conversations. But, as he walked past and waved at Ari and I, I gave up.

I had only just admitted to liking him (or at least finding him cute) and he shows up with a girl. If that was his girlfriend, I feel so gross about everything I said. I'm not the type of person to go for someone in a relationship, even if they are just talking. I think it's wrong, especially after what happened with my parents.

I made me ponder.

My ex boyfriend. The only boy I had ever dated. There was nothing wrong with him. We had dated for just over a year when I was fifteen and he was sixteen.

That year we both got offered jobs in other countries, and we both took those offers. I never held it against him, I hoped that nor did he. I still talk to his family. I had known him and his brothers since I was 12, so it wasn't like I could just forget them. Maybe I could forget Aron?

"This is so good, have you tried the tortellini here?" Belle said, pulling me away from my previous thoughts. "Here, you can try some of mine."

I smiled at this small action. It felt so good to have her here finally. I grabbed her fork trying some, we've shared food since we were kids and a fancy restaurant wasn't going to change that.

"Mmm, you're right. It's really good."

I felt something hit my foot, hard.

"Ow." I looked up and saw Ari point behind me. Belle and I both turned around in an over the top manor. It was Paul he was pointing at. We looked back at Ari and saw him wave at Paul and the girl to come over.

He smiled and started walking over. That smile. His smile made me instantaneously begin smiling as well.

'That's his girlfriend though' I reminded myself.

"Hey Paul. This is Belle, my cousin" I gave Ari a look "oh and Meg's best friend."

I nodded. Belle stuck her hand out.

"Nice to meet you." She politely said.

"And you as well." Paul replied. "This is my friend, Acantha."

"Nice to meet you all." Acantha said with an all knowing smile.

How could I be so dense? Maybe I didn't like him. It probably wouldn't work out anyways.

After the introductions and a bit of chatting we headed home.

Belle slept in my room and we watched 'Ferris Bueller's day off' before passing out.

-

Gold twinkling light shone through the curtains, onto my face. I took a deep breath in before I felt Belle hit me on my face. My eyes opened and I peeled her arm off of me. Slowly and carefully I crept out of the bed we shared and slipped some sandals onto my feet. I grabbed my bag of toiletries and headed to the bathroom.

I removed the makeup I had accidentally left on. I'm surprised we remembered to put our pyjamas on.

To give me that extra ‘wake up’ I chose to take a cold shower. I needed to be wide awake for qualifying this afternoon.

The Ferrari driver academy did not seem very impressed with my first race. I had to be careful with what I was doing. My goal for this qualifying was 15th. If I started 15th I could probably gain a couple positions. That was my goal for race day, gaining positions.

I got dressed and woke Bella up. Bella groaned and rolled over. Oh how she loved her sleep.

"I'm leaving soon. I'm walking down with Oliver."

"Who?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"My teammate. You should come down with us, I don't want to leave you alone." I responded. He messaged me after my shower saying he was coming to my room to have breakfast. I planned to meet my family later today with Ari.

"Fine, give me a second." She pulled out a hoodie and pulled it over her pj's. I clicked the door open. "Don't leave! I'm coming!" she yelled.

I laughed and pulled the door shut.

-

Oliver was on his phone waiting outside the elevator on the lobby floor.

"Hey, what took you so long?" He asked, annoyed. Then, he saw Bella behind me.

"Oh, good morning." He said looking at both of us now. Belle shot her signature smile. I raised my eyebrows at both of them.

"We're here now. Let's go." I started pulling them both to the restaurant in the lobby.

"So who are you?" Belle asked. I was in the middle of them, so they were both leaning forward talking to each other.

"I'm Oliver, it's nice to meet you." He stuck his hand out but I sped up. I didn't want to interrupt whatever was going on between them.

I walked up to the hostess and organised our table. Afterwards, I looked back and smirked at my best friend interacting with Goethe.

A/N: Sorry for not updating for a really long time again. I've been super busy. Hoping to update again later this week!