Opinions?

So, as some of you may or may not already know, I'm currently worldbuilding for a paranormal/supernatural story that I'm planing on writing some time soon.
The basic plot is, the main character dies, turns into a ghost, and has to bath in a spiritual well in order to not join the damned.
So, yeah, pretty intense.

It looks like the story is going to take place in a desert region similar to Egypt.

The protagonist and her family, with the exception of the mother, are from a rainforest, and are basically Hispanic/Latino. Most of the people in the desert country (it's name is Kamen, but I might change it later) are basically Arabic.

I am not Hispanic or Arabic. I'm white, even though it seems weird to me to write that. I honestly didn't even consider what my race was until recently. Anyway, the reason why I want the characters to be people of color, is I love diversity. I would love to write non-white characters who are just as great as everyone else.
But the VERY last thing I would want to do, would be to accidentally write into a cliche or negative stereotype. So, I've been doing research. SO MUCH research. And not just about skin color, sterotypes, and desciption. I've also been learning about how to create fictional cultures and name places, creatures, and things in my fantasy world.
I'm trying to base the names off of Egyptian and Arabic words. Since this is fantasy, I want the names to sound like these languages, but not be full-blown translations, if you know what I mean.

But what I want to know is, do any of you find this offensive? Okay, this is the Age of the Internet. Chances are, if you do ANYTHING at all, someone will take it personally. But I mean from the point of view of a Latino/Hispanic or Arabic person. I'm trying to be original with creating the culture(s) of Kamen, so that it's also distinctly my fictional country and not just a copy of Arabia and the surrounding Middle East. And I'm doing my best to make sure the protagonist's character arc and that of the other characters aren't bland or otherwise problematic.
A good example of what I don't want this story to end up being, is Aladin. I've only seen it once when I was about four. But as part of my research, I watched some YouTube videos talking about it, saw some clips and . . . yikes. On so many different levels, yikes. How did Diseny ever think that was kid-friendly?

I think before I actually finish this book (which doesn't currently have a title), I'll release the first or second draft for beta readers to check it out. It would be great if I could get your thoughts. Especially if you happen to be Latino/Hispanic, black, or Arabic. Your feelings, in this instance, as I have the great privilege of saying, matter more than anyone else's.

So, what do you think? Do you have any tips about writing PoC characters? Do you find this story concept interesting? Let me know!