Chapter 13

I take one last look in the mirror before I leave for my date with Finn. I smooth out the wrinkles in my white floral summer dress and checking my make-up, tracing the lines of my lips to wipe away any smudges from my red lipstick.

"You need to tell him. He needs to be prepared." My grandmother says, from her perch on the end of my unmade bed, Toby curled up on her lap.

"I know, I just don't want to ruin this day. I'll tell him straight after our date, I promise." I assure her. I feel guilty for not telling him but there is a chance that dad's prophecy was wrong. What if I told him and ruined our date for it all not to be true? I just want one normal day with Finn, no kidnappings, no near drownings just me and him.

"Please be careful." Her eyes holding my gaze as her worry floods into me.

"I will, I promise." I place my hand on hers and with that the mirror pulses. "I'll see you later." I give her a quick hug and Toby a scratch on the head, before slipping through the mirror.

"Wow, you look...like a dream." Finn says, pulling me in and kissing me on the cheek. He is wearing a white shirt with blue jeans his ebony hair, carefully combed back, his green eyes piercing mine before they travel the length of my body. He holds out his hand to me revealing a bright orange flower I have never seen before.

"Thank you, you clean up well yourself." I wink at him, leaning in to smell the flower and inhaling the intoxicating scent. As I go to take it, he pulls it back quickly, before gently placing it behind my ear. His hands lingering, before sweeping down my neck.

"Mmmm, why does it smell so good?"

"Everything here is meant to entice you in." he says seductively against my ear.

"So, is that what is going on here? It's not you I'm attracted to, it's this place." I quirk my eyebrow.

"Possibly." He laughs to himself. He runs his fingers against my bare arms, goose bumps rising in his wake. "But I hope I'm the only one to have this kind of effect on you, regardless of where we are." He places delicate kisses on my neck as I try to stifle a moan. He pulls away reluctantly. "We should really get going otherwise we may never leave."

"We could stay a little longer." I jump up sitting on the desk, he comes to stand in between my knees.

"You, my siren, are going to be the death of me." He says, before firmly planting his lips against mine, pulling me tightly to his chest, I press my hands to his chest, exploring the dips and ridges of his abs through his shirt. I sigh internally. He swipes his tongue across my lower lip before dipping it into my mouth. His hands exploring my body. A warmth starting to pool in my core.

"We should really go; I have the whole day planned out." He groans against my lips before pulling away, both of us trying to catch our breath.

"Okay," I say reluctantly before following him down the stairs and out to the courtyard. The flowers and trees in full bloom and in so many colours, I wasn't sure I had a name for them all. He leads me a little further out of the castle walls to the river where a water carriage waits, drawn by horses made of pure water.

"They are called Ceffyl Dwr, or water horse in English. Don't get too close, they are menacing creatures." I take a step forward placing my hand near one of the horses and get a sense on him.

"I can feel his mischief." I smile, Finn raises a quizzical eyebrow.

"Really? These guys are known for being pests. Even murderous in some regions." He replies and my mouth gapes in shock as he leads me to the water carriage. The plush cushions look out of place in the watery environment. "Don't worry they are fine on the fae plane. When did you learn to do that?"