Chapter 17 - Drew and Rick On Call For SWAT For The Week Pt.1

Drew's POV         2 Weeks Later

"Hey, I need a favor," I say leaning on the desk next to where Jordan was. "Yes?" "I need the week off, Rick's Squad is tracking down a few gangs and if anything goes down, I was asked to be there," I say, "Go," "Thanks,"

The next night

Rick's POV

"Alright, listen up," I say as I gather my team around. "I got permission for us to play a game all week while we track down this gang we're after," I say as everyone ooo's and aahh's. I then hit Ford's shoulder. "Tag," "We get to play SWAT Tag?" "Yeah, there's two golden tickets, the two people who end up with them by the end of the week, get to go to Vegas and be artist security for the music awards show happening this weekend,"

"So what's the rules?" The new guy asks. "Break a swat regulation, you hand over your ticket," "Anything's on the table, socks, patches, belt keepers, necklaces, anything," Ford says. "Necklaces?" "Yeah, nothing visible on your neck, if you're wearing a necklace, it needs to be tucked in your shirt and stay there. A lot of us are vets or active military so we have dog tags," Ford says. "Okay, everyone hands in the hat, let's see who gets the golden tickets," I say, and Street and Ford picked the golden tickets. "Gear up, then we'll go over the plan for tonight," I say. "You got it, boss,"

I then was approached and was asked to sign some paperwork, so I did that and then saw Drew walk in. "Hey," "Hi," "Did someone not let you leave the house?" I ask. "Uh huh. One guess," "Az," "Yeah," Drew says, as Jagger runs in between his legs. "What's up Bones?"

10 minutes later

Drew's POV

"You know, we haven't gone out in a while," I say to Rick as I sit on the edge of his desk. "Uh huh, and," "I was thinking of inviting TC and Jordy out to breakfast," I say. "Sure. As long as you're buying," Rick says. "Of course," Rick's phone then rings. "Lincoln," "Yeah, I got it, we can be there in ten minutes," Rick then hung up and stood up. "Let's go, I gotta dig a massive hole in the rain," He says. "Fun," "Yeah, my team was chasing a lead on this big gang case, and they think they found barrels with drugs in them buried underground," Rick says. "Who would do something like that?" I ask. "People who don't want their drugs found," He says. "Well, obviously,"

20 minutes later

Rick and a few others were digging a hole in the ground to get to the barrels that were filled with drugs underground. "Pull me up," "Yeah," Rick was pulled up out of the hole. "How much farther do you think there is?" I ask. "At least another 3 or 4 feet, they way down there, these guys didn't want us to find them that's for sure," he says. "You got some dirt on your face," I say. "Yeah, I know. Hand me a water bottle," Rick says. "Yeah, here," Rick chugged the water and went back to digging. "Hey," I say. "What?" "I love you," I say. "I love you too,"

A few hours later

We got the barrels out, and were now at the hospital getting whoever was digging checked out. "Looks like you guys had fun," Jordan says. "You ah, you got some mud on your face there Rick," TC says. "Haha, very funny," Rick says. "What did you two do?" Kenny asks. "Dig barrels full of drugs out of the ground in the rain," I say.

"Sounds fun," "No, it wasn't. We were digging for 4 hours," Rick says. "How many were there," Krista asks. "12 barrels," "That's a lot," "Yeah," "Jordan, do you and TC want to go out to breakfast with Rick and I?" I ask. "Sure," She says. "Cool," "We got a hit, we gotta go," Rick says. "Okay, see you in the morning," I say. "Bye," Jordan says, as Rick and I leave.

Rick's POV

"What do we got?" I ask. "There was a hit on the gang leader's cell phone about 5 minutes ago, it was pinged at the corner of Plymouth and East Ramsey," Ford says. "That's near the airport. If they're getting another drop of drugs, we need to get with customs to be able to search through boxes with a K9 team," I say. "Already on it boss, I'll get in contact with the airport and see if any freight planes are coming in," "Great, let me know what you find," I say. "Got it," "Hey, Keller," Drew says. "Yeah?" "Necklace is out. Hand it over," Drew says, as Keller hands him his ticket. "Good job," I say. "Thank you," Drew says, kissing my cheek.