Chapter 20 - Another FID interview, and working, finding out about Topher

Drew's POV

It was 4am when I heard rustling, I got up and saw pillow stuffing everywhere, leading from where Jagger's bed usually sits, but it wasn't there. "Rick, get up, your dog has destroyed his dog bed," I said, shaking him awake. "What?" "Your dog has destroyed his bed and has spread the stuffing everywhere," I say again. "Oh god," Rick gets up, and as I see him walk out of the room, all I heard was "Oh my fucking god," "Is it worse than you thought?" I ask. "Yeah, I guess I get to go but one one of those elevated dog bed cots,"

Rick's POV

"Great, just what I needed. Another interview" I say, rolling my eyes, while reading an email. "I know you don't want to do them, but you kinda have to," Drew says. "I know, it's just a waste of time really, I've already told the story once, why do I have to tell them again," "I don't know babe,"

Later

I was once again sitting in an office, with a different FID agent than the one before. "State your full name, rank and position on the force," The agent says. "Derrick Orion Lincoln-Alister, Captain, swat team leader," "Were you leading the raid that ended in a female civilian getting killed?" "When we got to the apartment, I was leading the raid, but when I got hit with a bullet in my vest, Rocker, the other team leader, took over," "What happened when you got shot?" "As we were walking down the hallway, from coming up the stairs, a guy opened his apartment door, and fired a weapon at the wall opposite the door in front of us. We yelled for him to put the weapon down, he dropped it causing it to go off a second time, and the bullet was caught in my vest," I say.

"After the raid, did you get checked out by EMS?" "Yes, and they advised that I go to the hospital for an X-ray, to which, I did go to the hospital," "Which hospital did you go to?" "San Antonio Memorial Hospital," "Did a doctor or nurse see you?" "Doctor," "Who?" "My husband," "Your husband's a doctor?" "Yes, did you read the other Agent's notes?" "Yes I did, I'm just trying to get the whole story for myself. Now, what is your husband's full name?" "Andrew Thomas Alister-Lincoln," I say. "How long have you been together and married?" "5 years together, and 2 months married," "Do you have kids?" "I have three, I'll give you ages, but not names, I don't want my kids involved and their names be put in the system as I said to the other agent a few days ago," "What are the ages of your three kids, and were any adopted?" "My oldest daughter is eighteen, my middle daughter is fourteen, and my youngest son is six months. The middle and youngest were adopted," I say. "Was the oldest a foster?" "No, after she had a fallout with her biological father after her mother passed, she adopted myself and my husband as her dads, and transferred colleges to be in Texas," "Is she related to you at all?" "No Ma'am, her mother served with my husband in Bagram, and they were close friends," "Did you and your husband adopt after or before you got married?" "Before, our youngest was born while I was deployed in Afghanistan, two weeks before I got home, and then he was adopted after I came back, and our middle daughter was adopted 2 to 3 months later,"

"At the hospital, what did your husband do, did he prescribe you anything?" "He looked at my bruise, measured it, felt for any muscle tears, and gave me an over the counter gel to use, which I'm still using," "How big would you say your injury was at the time of injury?" "Around six inches across," "And how big is it now?" "Around 5 inches, it hasn't changed much, but the arnica gel is helping," "is there anything you can't do because of the injury?" "Some things, I can't workout, I can't hold my son for more than 10 minutes at a time when I'm standing, and It's still hard putting shirts on over my head at times," "Is there anything you can't do at work?" "I'm still on desk duty until my injury heals, but after I do have to retake the Physical Fitness Test to be put back on active duty,"

After the interview

I walked into Commander Lightwood's office, and knocked in the door. "Commander," I say. "What's up Rick?" "Can I go to SAM? I need to get out of the station for a bit," I say. "Sure, I'll call you if FID needs you. Take one of the chargers," "Got it,"