0.02

chapter one: "so long and goodbye"

...

WELCOME HOME, GIRLS.

i'm in my room, looking around and making sure i didn't forget anything. i look outside and see bella basking in the sun holding a baby cactus. i don't know why she is, she doesn't even tan. she's pretending that she wants to see dad because she wants to give mom and phil space but i know for a fact that she hates dad and forks. which is insane because dad is the best. i guess that's why i have a better relationship with him... we finally get everything into the car, making our way to the airport. i can't wait to see him. it's been too long. i can't wait to get out of this unbearable heat and into the winter refuge that is forks.

"oh, thank god," i say, getting off of that crowded tin can of an airplane.

"why do you have to be so annoying," bitch, oh i mean bella says. did she just say that to me when she's the annoying one? we finally make it to baggage claim and see none other than charlie swan; our dad.

"hey, dad," i say.

"hey, beth," he says with a smile. grabbing our bags, we head to his cruiser.

"shotgun," i yell. my sister scoffs but i ignore her, sprinting to the car... i hear my dad laugh at my antics. once we all strap in, my dad starts the car and heads home. we're all just sitting here in silence, not saying a word and it's driving me insane. it doesn't help that dad and bella are both awkward as hell. finally making it home, we all get out of the confined space.

"welcome home, girls."

"thanks, dad," i say, smiling up at him

"need help with your bags," he asks us both.

"sure, " i say, bella saying the opposite. after spending the rest of the day unpacking, i finally go to bed.

...

mini flashback

i take a break from unpacking to go for a walk in the woods... that's when i notice a wristband on the dirt floor of the woods behind the house. picking it up, i gasp realizing my mistake... whenever i touch an object that belongs to someone else, i get recurring visions and dreams of their future. which can be a blessing and a curse. it's a blessing because sometimes those futures are good and nothing bad happens. it's a curse because when it's bad, i can't do a damn thing about it. literally.

"shiittttt."

end of mini flashback

...

the next day

sleep. it's a beautiful thing unless you get rudely awakened by your bitch of a sister...

bang... bang... bang!

"get up elizabeth," my twin yells. ugh... why? why is she so fucking loud?

"i'm up!" i get up, throw clothes on, and head out the door. oh man, we have to ride in the rust bucket... it was supposed to be for both of us but she claimed it as hers later that night...

"freedom," i yell while half running, half walking out of the truck. i try to ignore the stares of the student body in the parking lot, but my anxiety gets the best of me. i stop in my tracks when I see something startling. it's the strange yet beautiful man from my vision. what the actual fuck? this can't be happening. that's when I see him smirking at me, which is weird all on its own. i must be imagining things...

"hi, my name is elizabeth swan," i say after reaching the front office.

"ah, yes. your sister just came in here. here you go. would you like a map?"

"yes, that would be great, thank you," i say with a smile. i then walk off to my first class... noticing a presence next to me I yelp and say, "ah! small person!"

she chuckles. "hi, my name's alice."

"hi, i'm elizabeth and you scared the crap out of me."

"nice to meet you. can i call you liz?"

"whatever floats your boat."

"see you later?"

"um, yeah." i finally make it to my first class. english. quickly finding a seat, i sit in the back. i wish i had realized who i sat next to because low and behold it's...

...

...

a/n: so, you may recognize this story but my sis and i are revamping it on our shared account, yay!