0.15

chapter one: "my sister was kidnapped"

...

SOMETHING BIG WAS COMING.

something big was coming... something awful... something inescapable...first, my sister was missing. i knew this because i had found her room in shambles, like a tornado had gone through it... there was also the fact that I had also seen something unbelievable in my terrible vision as well; it was about the fiery red haired vampire, victoria and after i had seen that, i was terrified. i had to warn the rest of the cullens. i had to warn jacob and his pack... i felt like i was responsible in some way... like i had caused this somehow. edward has tried to convince me it's not but he can't change how i feel, he can't change the nightmares i've been having. the cullens are concerned and so are my friends at school, including the the pack. i know why as well... i have'nt been sleeping that well since bella's disappearance.

"eliza?"

"yes, eddie?"

"you need to rest."

"i can't, we have school."

"i know, love. i'm just worried about you."

"i'll be fine."

that was my go to for the foreseeable future. it's the only thing that i could make myself say. make myself believe...

we reach the school parking lot, people heading inside in increments. i really don't want to be here. i don't want to even celebrate my birthday. and as pathetic as it sounds, i don't want to have my birthday without isabella... no one can find her. she's been officially missing for fourty-eight hours and i can't figure out why. every time i even try, i can't see what happened to her. i can't even see her future. i'm terrified because that means i have blind spots. fan-fucking-tastic.

"we have to go inside. we don't want to be late for english with birdy."

i clear my throat, it's raw from crying last night. "right, let's go."

the hallways are crowded. it's suffocating. it's too much.

"hey, chica."

"hey, ang."

"you look like shit."

"thanks for that... i hardly slept last night." i knew that i couldn't lie to her. she would smell my deceit.

"you're taking a nap when we go to jake's."

edward wasn't happy about it at first but he had to go hunting with his family. they also had to hunt for victoria... alice couldn't figure out what she was doing either, not even what happened to my sister. somehow they were in her blindspots as well. awesome.

"just be careful."

"i will, eddie.

he kisses my forehead, making me smile.

"i'll see you two at lunch."

we nod, heading our separate ways. this was going to be a long day. especially with my head pounding...

mr. berty's class is the bane of my existence. don't get me wrong, i love english, but i hate him.

"care to share with the class, mr. cullen?" i internally groan. this is insane. edward and i watched romeo and juliet three times this summer. we could quote it at this point... but to appease our teacher, my boyfriend quotes the next few lines in the movie. "eyes on the screen, people." good. he's embarrassed.

"you can stop trying to put him six feet under," edward jokes.

"he deserves it. he always has it out for you."

"it's because he's jealous."

"of what?"

"my siblings and i."

"of course he is..." the bell rings, signaling us that it's time for our next class so edward grabs both our bags. "you don't have to do that."

"i know but i want to."

i concede the point, following him to our shared music class. i literally want this day to end already, my anxiety already at its peak... edward notices immediately and grabs my hand, rubbing comforting circles on it... what would i do without you?

"you'll never have to find out."

...

it is exceedingly difficult to prevent alice from throwing a party for eliza. she said and i quote, 'i've seen it and she'll love it'. so i can't possibly argue the fact that my girlfriend isn't in the right headspace for this celebration tonight. i love her and i want to protect her...

"so that's the volturi?... and carlisle?"

"yes, he stayed with them for a time. they're very refined for killers apparently."

"huh. alrighty then."

"how was the reservation?"

"it was fine. paul was an asshole though." right, the hot head wolf shifter. "how was hunting victoria?"

"well, we didn't find her. she's keeping her distance. for now."

"great."

 "something like that."

alice collected us for gifts after our conversation. eliza tried her best to be excited but we all noticed her reluctance to be here, her mind on other things. this made me glare at my sister. i had suggested another time, but alice is persistent...

...

...

a/n: i know this is an awkward place to end this chapter. sorry