0.18

chapter four: "you and i'll be safe and sound"

...

NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON YOUR ENEMY.

angela and i are at a safe distance while the cullen's follow jasper's instructions. he had the most experience with new borns anyways...

"another thing, never turn your back on your enemy," he says, making me wince as edward lands on the ground. carlisle caught him by surprise because he had relied on his mind reading skills and he was paying for it.

"he kind of had that coming," angela says.

i kno–" i'm cut off by jacob and his pack. a giant black wolf, two light brown wolves, and jake's russet brown one.

"so these are the wolf shifters," castiel says, scarring the shit out of me.

"you really need a bell," i say, holding my hand to my chest.

"my apologies for scaring you." his voice is gravely and yet so monotonous.

"yeah, yeah."

"they want to know how they differ from us," i hear edward translate, repeating the question for carlisle.

"in our first few months of this life, our blood still lingers in our tissue, making us stronger and faster. but, we are so focused on our bloodlust that it makes us reckless. we can use it to our advantage..."

"they want to know how."

jasper answers instead. "all you have to do is catch them off guard. also, don't let them get their arms around you or you. will. lose."

the wolves huff in annoyance but they watch the cullens fight anyways, jacob trotting over to sit by angela. she scratches him behind his ear, making him happy...

"you guys are gross," i say teasingly.

angela flips me off and i laugh...

edward comes over to me, his arms wrapping around me. "done for the day." jacob crouches down so angela can get on his back.

"going home with jake?"

"yeah, i'll text you later."

"ok, be safe."

"i will."

what a weird day this turned out to be...

...

i bring eliza home, putting the car in park. "there's something i've been meaning to discuss with you."

'crap, what if he says he's leaving me.'

"i'm not leaving you. look, i haven't told you everything about myself... when carlisle first turned me, i rebelled against him. I felt like he was holding me back from my true nature so i left. i went after horrible men, monsters. i killed them for praying on innocent women. i drained them of their blood. i did it, hoping i wouldn't feel as bad for being a monster myself... i realized very quickly that carlisle was right. he accepted me back with open arms, but he should have killed me."

"eddie."

"no, you should hate me."

"i don't. i could never hate you."

"you should. i'm a monster."

"those men were the monsters. it doesn't make me want to be like you any less."

"i just don't want you to look in the mirror and see what i see."

"you know what i'll see? someone capable of courage, sacrafice, love, and kindness. someone that i will for eternity. someone that i will love forever."

"forever is a long time."

"so is eternity."

"i love you, elizabeth swan."

"i love you, edward cullen."

...

"sister, what do we do?"

"we do nothing. aro sent us to keep an eye on the cullens and these new borns. Who says we don't let them end carlisle's coven?"

"are you certain, sister?"

"aro's decisions are being watched. we watch, we wait, and possibly we end them. decisions, decisions..."

"it is your choice, jane."

"i know."

i couldn't wait to tell aro, caius, and marcus about edward's mate. they would be pleased...

...

...

a/n: we felt like ending it here