Chapter Four: Thrust into Light

"What?" Lloyd said in disbelief. His whole life he thought that he only had the one uncle, Wu, but he had another one he'd never even met.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lloyd asked

"Lloyd if you'll sit down I'll explain, " Garmadon said

"Not you. You have an excuse for not telling me. You were trying to be my father first and foremost and while I don't like what you did post revival I understand now you were going through things," Lloyd said to his father before wheeling on Wu,"why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't want anything to do with that man!" Wu snapped

"That's funny coming from the man who gave the ninja the the gis that our brother designed to wear," Garmadon retorted under his breath.

"What?!" The ninja shouted looking at their ninja gis.

"Yes he was quite multitalented. Forging,  magic weapon crafting,  potter,  he dabbled in a little bit of everything. in fact besides your gis he also made my favorite tea set, the original training course, He made father's resting place, and few other things and places you'll see in time" Garmadon fondly chuckled.

"He was a no good...," Wu snared

"He was  a far better man than our father ever was he loved us unconditionally Wu. Or need I remind you of Asphera!?" Garmadon snapped back

Lloyd wasn't sure of what to say or do do he did the only thing he could do...leave the situation and hope that the others would tell him everything later. But right now he needed space to think and digest everything he heard.

He had another uncle one that Eu clearly hated but his father cherished. He needed answers and he knew exactly where to go to get them, The Library of Domu.

One dragon flight later he was on the doorsteps of the Library of Domu and the Serpentine archives.  Taking a breath he approached the desk of the librarian st the Library of Domu.  "Hi I was wondering if you had any information about the eldest brother of Wu and Garmadon?" He asked not having heard his uncle's name

"Ah you speak of Link the strongest elemental master or as his title stated the Elemental master of Spirit. Of course right this way though what we have on the man is rather limited to a pitiful few books and scrolls," the librarian told Lloyd

"Master of Spirit?" Lloyd asked not having heard of the element before now

"Yes he broke his father's mold and created his own elemental power that was unprecedented. His elemental power could control and bestow its master with the elemental power of any master as well as enhance the power of the original elemental master. But it could also bring any master to their knees or remove the power completely. The downside of this power was the masters need to be free and roam which was hindered during the masters of creation and destruction's early years since although a great man the first spinjitzu master wasn't exactly father of the year," the librarian informed Lloyd

"I see," Lloyd said as he filed that tidbit of information away for now.

"Wait here and I'll go get you the books we have on Link," the librarian said gesturing Lloyd to an empty seat at a table.

"Thank you," Lloyd said as he took a seat.

Eight minutes later the librarian brought him three scrolls and two books all on his uncle. "They hadn't been kidding when they said that they had pitifully few books and scrolls on him," Lloyd thought as he read about his uncle.

The information, what little there was,  painted a rather grainy picture of the man for Lloyd.  But something that did catch Lloyd's eye was the fact that like his grandfather his uncle could freely travel between worlds and freely gave his assistance to them.  He could even travel to  other universes.  In one he helped craft a mechanical warrior. But the last anyone heard of his uncle he'd gone to some world called Hyrule and hadn't been seen since. But that was about five  years years after Asphera and 60,000 years before the Serpentine wars. What happened?

Perhaps the Serpentine would have more information about his uncle.  Steeling himself he left for the Serpentine underground archives.

On the way he ran into Scales Junior and Scales.  "Well if it isn't the Green Ninja. How can we help you today?" Scales sarcastically asked him

"It's complicated. Ever heard of the Elemental master of Spirit,  Link?" Lloyd responded

Scales eyes widened before softening, "it's hard not to have heard of your uncle.  Before we trusted Chen he was the most trusted person outside of the Serpentine.  Unlike other humans he didn't hold any prejudices against us and was an easy yet difficult man to read. He was a good man and as far as I'm concerned humanity's only saving grace. Do you recall the fangblades used to free the Devourer?"

"Yes," Lloyd asked

"Your uncle not only created the prison for the beast but also created the fangblades from the teeth he broke from the Devourer's own maw after what it did to your father," Scales shivered, "your uncle wasss a slow man to anger but target his loved ones your daysss were numbered".

Lloyd was actually a little touched very few people could fight the Devourer and live. But to think that his uncle had done that because of what the Devourer had done to his father. Wow.

"Indeed," Scales agreed with Lloyd's unsaid statement.

"Doesn't sound very great," Scales Junior scoffed which got him hit upside the head by Scales who gave his son a glare.

"But something tellssss me that you're here for more than that, " Scales said

"Yeah I am. I already went to Domu to try to find out about him but it really didn't have that much information about him," Lloyd said as he followed after Scales

"Tell me did you know that he wasss the one who wrote the original prophecy of the Green ninja and the people in cloud kingdom just twisted his wordssss?" Scales said as they reached the Serpentine archives pulling out a scroll on it was a depiction of the Prophecy of the Green ninja but unlike Wu's version this was a lot more detailed. This version included all three battles in which he faced the Overlord. The first time " the first battle against the Darkness he will puppet ones who the Green ninja considers family" Garmadon,  Nya,  the other ninja.

"The second battle he'll take a form of boxes and numbers before attaining a golden vessel but the frozen metallic heart will be his undoing "

Even the part about the the vengestone army, the dragon form, everything. But he called his oni form the Gentle Darkness.

"He knew," Lloyd cried as he looked at the scroll.

"Your uncle was the sort of man who alwaysssss seemed to know everything about anything," Scales agreed.

Lloyd then stumbled upon a picture of a smiling blonde man with rich blue eyes wearing a gi of red, black, blue, grey, white, and green. His eyes were kind as they were wise. He even had the signature long pointed ears that the entire family had.

"That'sss  him," Scales told Lloyd as he pointed at the picture.

"Any idea what happened to him?" Lloyd asked

"No last anyone heard he'd left for a land called Hyrule he never returned," Scales told Lloyd with a shake of his head, "but for all who liked your uncle he wassss desssspised by one".

"Who?"

"Chen. Your uncle kept Chen away from your father and ussss. He despised your uncle with a passion," Scales told Lloyd

Lloyd nodded he knew where he had to go now.