Chapter One: Hidden Box

Lloyd didn't know what to expect when he'd been summoned to his father's old home by his mother a few days ago. His resurrected father was now living at the rebuilt monastery after the Overlord's vengstone warriors destroyed the place. And his mother, thought that Garmadon might like a few of his things back since he was slowly but surely becoming the man he was before the resurrection and after the Devourer's venom had been purged from him.

So here Lloyd was on a partially peaceful day going through his father's old dojo looking for a few things his mother thought his father would like to have while she packed up his old scrolls and master gis.

"C'mon where is it?" Lloyd muttered under breath as he searched for his father's old tea set that Lloyd knew for certain was going to the monastery. 

Lloyd found it eventually tucked away in a box in the corner of the storage room only to see an odd keyhole in the middle of the stone. Lloyd ever the curious one set the tea set aside to examine the lock.

After a bit of poking, prodding, and  a few select curse words he finally unlocked the lock which opened a slot not five feet away from Lloyd in the wood paneling. Walking over Lloyd discovered an intricate box made of strong cedar with winding tendrils of iron and gold holding it together at the seams and the latch was made of carved ruby, emerald, and sapphire.

Lloyd had never seen anything so beautiful in his life,  aside from certain people places and things he refused to talk about due to past trauma associated with said things. Unfortunately...it was locked, but something told Lloyd that his father would appreciate having this box so he quickly grabbed it from its hiding place and put it in with the tea set and other things he collected for his father.

Little did Lloyd know that he was opening a long sealed can of worms and an old family secret that laid within the boxes contents.