Chapter Seven: Dairies and Guides

Back at the monastery Lloyd retreated to his room and opened the oldest diary of the lot dating the year his father was born.

"I can't believe I'm doing this but Mystake said it would be good for me. So my name is Link and just yesterday I became a big brother  to a younger brother father named,  Garmadon.."

The rest of the diary entries contained similar tales. His father's first steps,  first word, the day Wu was born , Wu's first's, The day his grandfather finally took an interest in his youngest two sons, the day his Uncle figured out his elemental power by just letting both sides of himself just unite into one much to his father's disapproval and shock, it even went into detail about how his uncle entombed the Devourer in Oroboris after the corrupted snake bit Lloyd's father.  How the venom affected Garmadon and how his Uncle Link always assured his father that no matter what their father thought Garmadon was still his brother. The last entry though went into detail about a fight between Lloyd's uncle and his grandfather.

"I can't  believe that man. You'll marry the imperial princess and you have no Choice in the matter.  I know for  a fact that the princess and the imperial family don't want this marriage either since they  want her to wed the Captain of the guard. I knew my father was a prick but this is a new low. So for once I'm going to answer my elemental calling and travel the multiverse never to return until my father's death. I plan on telling Garmadon tonight along with Wu. I can only pray that they understand that I do this for myself and them as it's time for them to step out of my shadow and walk their own paths without me beside them".

Lloyd closed the diary with a heavy sigh. After reading about his grandfather from a different perspective he understood why his uncle had left. But Lloyd couldn't help but wonder what life would have been like if his Uncle Link had stuck around.

Shaking his head Lloyd opened the guides. Each one was extremely informative be it about the different elemental masters or even the creatures that roamed Ninjago. There was even guide to how to create magical items and the location of six such items as well throughout Ninjago, but only one caught Lloyd's eye, The Hall of Elementals where future generations of Elemental masters could go to receive advice or teachings of the past or said with their elemental power but only if they had passed on into the departed realm.

But Lloyd had to take a chance and hope and pray that once he found the place and asked for his uncle he wouldn't show.