𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"So, she got to all of you," Joe said as Jonathan and Joseph told him about Ayra talking to them and how they were no longer upset with her.

"Come on, uce, you can't be mad at her, let it go," Jonathan said.

Joe shook his head. "Nah, I'm not letting shit go," Joe said.

Jonathan and Joseph tried to get Joe to understand why Ayra did what she did but it was like talking to a brick wall. Joe wasn't trying to see reason.

"You can't keep her locked up like she's Rapunzel anymore, uce," Joseph told him.

"She's happy and you have to be happy for her," Jonathan said.

Joe knew Ayra was happy but he was upset with her.

"I don't care, stop talking about it," Joe said.

Joseph shook his head. "You're so stubborn, you can't even see what you're doing," Joseph said.

Joe kissed his teeth. "Whatever, I said I don't care so stop talking about Dwayne and Ayra to me," Joe said.

Jonathan and Joseph didn't stop talking about Dwayne and Ayra, they believed if they kept talking Joe would realize that he was wrong and would go to talk things out with Ayra.

Joe let out a growl. He stood up and walked out of the locker room. Unfortunately for him, Ayra had been pacing the hallway, hoping to run into him.

Joe let out a huff as he moved to the side to go around her but Ayra stepped in the same direction, "What the hell is your problem?" Joe questioned her.

Ayra placed her hands over her hips and let out a sigh.

"My problem? You're my problem," She answered stepping closer to him, sizing him up. She repeatedly poked him in the chest with her finger. "You're supposed to be my big brother, my biggest supporter but instead you're my biggest hater! Joe, what's wrong with me being happy?" She asked him.

"I have no problem with you being happy. I just don't like the situation," Joe answered.

Ayra smacked her lips with a roll of her eyes. "The situation is Dwayne or are you just jealous that you're not the number one man in my life anymore? You're so immature, Joe, what the hell did you think would happen when I got into a relationship that I would still be your little shadow? News flash, Joe, I have to live my life just like you're living yours," She said.

Joe scoffed. "You're free to live your life, Ayra, but you don't have to hide it from me, that's what I'm mad about. Yes, I get it I'm too overprotective and say horrible things but that's out of fear from almost losing you! Do you understand me? So I'm sorry if I don't believe that he won't hurt you no matter how happy he makes you," He said.

Ayra sighed. This was harder than she thought. Joe won't back down and she won't either. They're too alike. She knew what she had to do.

"You have always been there for me, Joe. Your unconditional love and support uplifted me during difficult times. You led by example and taught me so much. I will forever cherish our bond. However, our constant fighting over Dwayne has become too painful. Though no one can ever truly replace you, I have made the difficult decision to keep my distance for now. I hope we can reconnect when tensions have eased," She said as she held back her tears.

Joe was shocked and hurt. The mixed emotions weren't helping him think clearly. "You're cutting me off for him?" He asked her.

Ayra shook her head no. "No, I'm cutting you off for me, I've let you hold too much power over me and now I'm reclaiming my power back, Joe, I'm sorry," She explained to him, before walking away.

Joe chased after her. "Ayra," He said, trying to get her to stop walking away from him.

"Leave me alone, Joe, you know what you did to me was wrong and I'm not going to give into you anymore because I deserve to be with Dwayne, he makes me happy and I love him so much and I don't want to give him up for you to anyone else who doesn't agree with our relationship," She said without stopping.

Joe yanked Ayra causing her to let out a few tears as he led her to a corner of the hall where no one was. He pulled her into a hug and held her.

"Let me go," She said.

"Please, listen to me," He begged her.

"No!" She exclaimed.

"Listen to me, Ayra, I'm sorry, okay, I don't want to lose you. I was wrong," He said.

"You're just saying that because you want me to give in to you," She said.

As tears streamed down her face, Joe realized the gravity of the situation for Ayra and how she was more important than his ego.

Sighing, he said, "You're right, I was wrong. I struggle with you keeping things from me and, honestly, I'm jealous that I'm no longer your closest confidant." He continued somberly, "I need to accept that our relationship has changed because I love you and don't want to hurt or lose you anymore." Gazing into her eyes, he affirmed, "Ayra, I will always be here for you, no matter the time or place or the state of our relationship. You are more important to me than your bond with Dwayne." He placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Are you sure or just saying that to make me happy?" She asked him.

"A little bit of both," He answered.

"About damn time," Jade said as she and Trinity walked up to the two.