𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗢𝗡𝖲𝖮𝖥𝖨𝖠

𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗢𝗡
𝖲𝖮𝖥𝖨𝖠

OBSERVING PEOPLE TRAIN has to be one of the most tedious activities if you're not a football fan. Frankly, I can't fathom how people find enjoyment in it, despite my attempts on multiple occasions. Lamine has attempted to persuade me to watch and join him during his training sessions, whereas Katie remained largely indifferent.

One memorable occasion involved Lamine wrapping me in Saran wrap to a chair, while Katie watched and laughed. It was simultaneously hilarious and absurd, undoubtedly the most unconventional attempt by Lamine to get me to watch football.

I didn't protest much about Lamine's attempts to involve me, and Katie, although not overly interested, still tagged along. It was evident that Lamine's focus was solely on convincing me to join him. If I didn't go, Katie wouldn't either, which often earned us Lamine's disapproving side-eye.

Yesterday, Lamine called me, inviting me to his training session, mentioning how fans often gather there to catch glimpses of their favorite football players. However, I felt hesitant because a photo of me had been sent to a group chat without my consent, and I absolutely wanted no part in risking a similar situation happening again.

What if they mock me? Even worse, what if I feel self-conscious about my appearance in person and become a target for ridicule? While I generally don't consider myself insecure, I find that if someone candidly remarks on one of my features, it tends to trigger an overthinking spiral for me.

The uncertainty of not knowing what was said about me in the group chat left me feeling uneasy. Despite my curiosity, I hesitated to ask, fearing that I might be overreacting.

"Honestly Sofia... I don't really think they were talking shit," Katie said as she sat in front of me, munching on the avocado toast I had made for her.

Right now, she's in my house, sitting at the dining table. As I mentioned before, Lamine wants me to go, and he also called Katie, hoping she would join as well.

"Did you forget that a picture of you also made it to the group chat?" I reminded her, astonished by how calmly she was taking the situation.

"Oh, I didn't forget—" She paused to take a bite of the avocado toast. "I don't have any of his friends on my phone, so there's a good chance a picture from my Instagram was sent," she explained, seeming unfazed by the possibility.

I nodded in agreement. It made sense. Katie didn't have any of Lamine's friends on her phone, and the only photos they could get of her were from her Instagram. Unlike Katie, all my social media accounts were private, and I didn't have a significant following.

"Okay, how about this..." Katie suggested, taking out her phone. "Let's go on Instagram and look for Lamine's friends. He always posts football stuff, so he probably tagged them."

I went and sat next to Katie as she moved her plate aside. She scrolled through Lamine's Instagram, tapping on a photo featuring his friends.

"I can't really see their faces," I remarked, squinting my eyes in an attempt to get a clearer view.

Instead of zooming in, Katie went into the tag list, finding most of his friends. She tapped on a guy named Marc Bernal.

"Oh my God," Katie exclaimed.

"What?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Lamine never told me he had fine a friend," Katie said, turning to me with a smile, while I looked at her with an annoyed expression. "Yeah, we're definitely going there," she added confidently.

Rolling my eyes, I took her phone from her hands and scrolled further, eventually coming across a group photo of the whole team. Just as I was about to get a closer look at their faces, a call from Lamine blocked the screen entirely.

"Bro!" I exclaimed, frustrated by the interruption.

Katie swiftly took the phone from my hands and answered the call. "What the hell do you want?" she said, putting the phone on speaker, allowing both of us to hear Lamine's response.

"Hello?" Lamine's voice came through, sounding a bit taken aback. In the background, the sound of chitchatting made it obvious that he was at the training session, surrounded by people.

"Hey, Lamine," Katie greeted him, her tone now more composed. "We were just looking at some stuff up. What's up?" she asked, trying to play it cool despite our earlier frustrations.

"Yeah, um, I don't care," Lamine replied, his tone indicating his focus was elsewhere. His casual response prompted me to laugh softly.

"Who told you we were coming?" I asked, feeling confused. Despite my earlier reluctance, it seemed like Lamine had assumed we were attending, even though I thought I had made it clear that I wasn't going, even if I had left the possibility open.

"Umm..." Katie interjected, trying to draw Lamine's attention.

Ignoring Katie, Lamine continued, his focus solely on me. "There are a lot of people here, and I'm not supposed to be on my phone. I'm surprised no one said anything," he remarked, his tone indicating mild surprise.

"Here, let me help," Katie offered, reaching for the phone to end the call. But I quickly removed her finger, giving her a disapproving look.

Turning my attention back to Lamine, I stated firmly, "We won't be there."

"Oh my God—" Lamine paused, his voice trailing off as another voice entered the conversation. Despite our efforts, the background noise made it difficult for us to discern what was being said.

Me and Katie exchanged puzzled glances, straining to hear the conversation on the other end of the line. Despite our efforts, the background noise persisted, obscuring the words being spoken.

Lamine's voice returned, albeit faintly, as he spoke to the person on the other end. Despite our curiosity, we remained unable to decipher the conversation amidst the cacophony of background noise.

"I wish we could hear what's going on," Katie murmured, sharing my frustration.

The sudden disconnection left us both looking at each other in confusion.

"Maybe the coach called him out?" Katie suggested, offering a possible explanation for the abrupt end to the call.

I nodded.

AUTHORS NOTE:

i'm already knowing that this chapter is short.
This is genuinely a filler chapter the next chapter is where it all begins.

AND ALSO WATTPAD IS LIKE BROKEN AND WONT LET ME DO ANYTHING IM MAD

VOTE AND COMMENT 💗

__