028

ADRENALINE — CHAPTER 28breaking point

breaking point

26th november 2021
phoebe's point of view

"dylan!" i giggle as he wraps his arms around me, burying his face in my neck and leaving kisses all over the spots he knows are ticklish.

"i'm not doing anything" he feigns innocence as he chases me down the hallway and up the stairs to our bedroom.

he picks me up, my legs subconsciously wrap around his waist, he uses one hand to keep me up and the other softly comes up to my face, gently brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"you're so beautiful" he whispers, his lips so close to my own that i can feel his breath against my face.

he leaves a gentle open mouth kiss over my lips, slowly bringing me down onto the mattress, crawling ontop of me.

the only sounds filling the room are my heavy breathes, the bed creaking beneath us and the sound of soft kisses being left all over my face.

he lifts my arms up and pulls my shirt off, kissing over my bra, making my back arch slightly, desperate to feel him against my skin.

"patience" he whispers with a smug grin against my ribs.

he trails his lips down my abdomen, his hands working on the button to my jeans.

he skilfully slides them off just as he reaches my lower stomach, leaving me in white lace.

he places a gentle kiss over the lacy material, making me squirm a little.

he leaves kisses across my upper inner thighs as he slowly takes my legs, placing either one on each of his shoulders.

he slides the material aside, looking up at me and waiting for a nod of approval, which i eagerly give him.

his lips move against my most sensitive area, instantly giving me pleasure with his mouth alone.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

26th november 2023

a million thoughts rush through my head as my foot taps against the hotel elevator, desperate for it to go faster.

i'm sure jacob has seen the pictures by now, i owe him an explanation, while coffee with dylan went well, someone inside the small cafe must've tipped off the paparazzi.

seeing dylan made me realise more than anything that i want to be with jacob, when dylan and i had broken up everything had still been up in the air.

we had broken up after his mum fell sick and he had moved back to new york to provide her with comfort and companionship, as much as i love this city i was never prepared to move with him.

the strain that my friendship with dominic had put on our relationship was too much to handle long distance, it quickly fell apart.

i always assumed dylan would move back after his mother recovered, but he never did, a small part of me for two and a half years had expected dylan and i to be together again.

seeing him gave me the closure i've been craving for years, more than anything i want to see jacob and hold him and explain everything, i need this to work out.

the elevator comes to a stop, my feet move faster than my brain, hurrying down the long corridor until i get to jacob's room, i knock as fast as i can.

after a few knocks the door opens to jacob, my eyes quickly shooting up to meet his, the affection his eyes once held are now gone.

i can tell just by his face he knows.

"i can explain" i say quietly.

"phoebe right now you're the last person i want to see" he says coldly, he may as well of put a blade through my heart.

"please let me explain" i beg.

his lips form into a line, like he's fighting not letting me in, he shakes his head.

"whatever this is... it's done, you're free to be with dylan" he swallows, closing the door in front of my face.

it's like everything is crumbling around me, the last month, everything we had built, it's all gone, because i made a stupid mistake.

i drag myself back to my room, reaching out my phone and soon as i enter the walls of the room i hadn't slept in once on this trip.

my fingers press the buttons as soon as i can to make the call.

it rings a few times before it picks up.

"dylan?"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

t's notes
writing phoebe x dylan smut was painful, i lobe dylan sm irl but in this book while he wants what's best for phoebe he's gonna be played out a bit like the bad guy. alsooo i was in paris a couple weeks ago and spotted adrenaline in the wild

 alsooo i was in paris a couple weeks ago and spotted adrenaline in the wild

it looked so cool and i was so close to buying it but €64?????!!!
—tabs x