(4) Bed Bugs

SEASON 1, EPISODE 3: Tell It To The Frogs

October 3rd, Day 60

"I’m trying." Carl complained, frowning at the ground. Rory watched as Lori snipped at Carl's overgrown hair. It's probably been a while since he last had a haircut, and it's gotten long already.

“Well, try harder.” Lori replied. She cut his hair perfectly, better than her own mother could have.

Shane smirked and looked at Rory. “You need a haircut as well?”

Rory shrunk in her seat and shook her head. “No.”

Shane shrugged, looking back at Lori and Carl. “Suit yourself.”

Rory looked at her blonde locks warily and sighed.

A car alarm blared loudly in the distance, and everybody stood instantaneously. Everyone had wide eyes and Rory couldn't help but mimic them. Hopefully no geeks followed the alarm up to the camp; she didn't want to die yet. The car was loud.

“Talk to me, Dale!” Shane shouted up at the old man atop the RV, going across the camp to retrieve his rifle.

“Is it them? Are they back?” Amy cried, voice shaking like she was on the verge of tears.

Rory whimpered and covered her ears.

Dale lowered his binoculars. “I’ll be damned.” He mutters to himself.

Amy furrowed her brows. “What is it?”

“A stolen car is my guess.”

Rory looked up, hands clasped to her ears. It was a red sports car. It pulled up into the campsite, stopping beside the other vehicles.

“They're safe?” Rory’s eyes widened in shock. She smiles brightly. “Glenn!”

Glenn emerged from the car. His cheeks were almost as red as the car and he was positively glowing with pride.

“Glenn!” Rory immediately ran to the young man and wrapped her arms around him.

Glenn laughed. “Thanks for keeping my hat safe, kiddo.” He took the hat and placed it on his head.

“Holy crap.” Dale yelled above the wretched ringing of the car alarm. “Turn that damn thing off!”

Glenn threw his arms up. “I don’t know how!”

Carl was being held back by Lori.

“Pop the hood,” Shane instructed Glenn, “please. Pop the damn hood, please.”

“My sister Andrea…” Amy dashed to Glenn’s side, eyes wide and desperate for answers. “Is she okay? Is she all right?”

“Okay.”

“Is Andrea alive?”

“Pop the damn hood!”

“What? Okay okay. Yeah yeah. Yeah yeah!”

Rory clasped her hands to her ears.

“I need to know if she’s alright!”

“Pop the hood, Glenn.”

“She’s okay! She’s okay!” Glenn finally shouted.

“Is she coming back?” Amy demanded.

“Yes!” Glenn yelled in response.

“Why isn’t she with you?”

The ringing finally stopped but Rory still had her hands to her ears, heart beating rapidly as everyone else yelled.