Did You Think It Would Be That Easy?

Smoke.

All Uzi could see at first was smoke.

The resulting explosion produced by N and V firing their missile launchers into the G.E.S at the same time was all encompassing, a raging storm of fire, oil, and smoke which compromised the visual sensors of the worker drones below. Khan, Thad and Lizzy desperately scrambled to get out of dodge as Uzi ducked behind her concrete wall, evading pieces of shrapnel by the skin of her teeth as she desperately tried to gain a visual on either disassembly drone.

There seemed to be no sign of either of them, only the sight of the very dead G.E.S falling out of the smoke cloud and smashing onto the ground with an earthquake accompanying it's impact. It's abdomen was almost non-existent and its visor was blank, save for a flickering 'FATAL ERROR' sign. At least Charlotte was out of her misery.

Then, she saw them, spinning head-over-heels towards the ground at a rapid pace, concussed from the explosion that had gone off right in their faces moments before. If Uzi wanted to save her friends, especially N, she had to act fast, activating the Absolute Solver immediately.

Multiple scattered chunks of metal rattled with a vengeance, Uzi lifting them up off the ground in an instant as she commanded the purple hue to do her bidding, the metal losing its hardness before the chunks molded together, strings of iron and oil linking up in a show so fast nobody could even hope to witness it. All that remained was the result of Uzi's crafting, the perfect solution to save V and N from a painful and quick demise.

A giant thick pile of bedsheets.

With a single flick of her arm, Uzi sent the sheets spinning across the ground, covering the area where V and N appeared to be headed to land. Her prediction was correct, as the pair of murder drones landed in the soft cotton embrace of the bedsheets instead of the cold concrete fist of the floor beneath it. Mission accomplished.

V came to immediately, leaping out of the bedsheets like a rabbit and deploying both of her swords in place of her missile launcher and claws, X covering her visor in its entirety. "WHERE IS SHE!? LEMME AT HER! I'LL TEAR HER TO SHREDS, RIGHT N!?" V screamed, adrenaline surging and lapping at her metallic shell with a vengeance to kill. However, despite her enthusiasm, she got no response from her male counterpart.

"Oi, idiot!" she yelled, once again receiving no roar back from N.

"N?" she as both V and Uzi turned to check on their friend. "Daaawwwwwwww!" Uzi said as she clasped her hands together at the sight in front of her, while V narrowed her eyes and deadpanned at the scene. "Oh what the fu-"

N had automatically wrapped himself up in the nice comforting bedsheets and had fallen asleep, a tiny little smile on his face emerging as he slept, snoring softly while yellow 'Z's fluttered across his visor.

At least, that was before V smacked him on the top of the head, waking him up with a jolt. "Ow! What the!?" he yelled, shooting a glare at V who responded in turn. "You idiot! Get up! We still got a Cyn to deal with, remember?" she snapped, prompting his formerly tired yellow optics to hollow out in alarm. "AH! BISCUITS! I FORGOT!" he yelled as N leapt to his feet, throwing the bedsheets off of him as he joined his team, the other three drones having walked up to them and watched the scene unfold.

"Man, that's mean," Thad noted to himself upon seeing V's treatment of N, only for the latter to smile and raise a thumb at his friend. "Don't worry, I've had worse!" N said with a cheerful smile. Thad didn't know whether to feel relieved or concerned at that ominous statement. Probably both.

It was then that everyone's attention was once again captured by Cynthia, who landed on the ground with a loud thud, kicking up sparks and a small plume of smoke as she made contact with the hard concrete ground and lay her eyes upon what remained of the G.E.S, lifeless and dead. She gave it a few exploratory taps with her foot to check for any signs of life, only to receive none in response, confirming its demise. It made sense, the missiles had wreaked havoc on its internal organs and systems, plus the oil loss was too catastrophic for even a creature of that size and strength to bear. Not her though, she transcended the need for the glorified remains of dead ancient sea life flowing through her veins.