22. Nayantara's suspicion!

Please vote! 🌟

Nayantara's pov

It was yet another day with me being busy with palace works. I was walking around the royal garden, going towards the separate hall located in the palace, it was far from the common areas, it was secluded.

After knowing all about the palace from few days, today the head lady was taking me towards the hall which was filled with courtesans. It was not new for me as in my kingdom also there was separate small building in the palace where all the courtesans lived.

When i was small i always used to thought that those ladies lived separately because they were dancers and needed to practice for performing in the functions held in the palace. But as i grew i got to know the real reason, they were the ladies who entertain men at nights. I always used to pity those women, living a life as a courtesan, because i could never imagine a life where we had to sell our dignity to live.

Although i never saw my father or my elder brother going to that building ever except my younger brother who also stopped after he got married. But there were many ministers who would often go there at nights, and whenever a guest from other kingdoms would come they would also wanted some courtesan to entertain them.

Upon entering the hall, my attention was immediately drawn to a captivating sight: a group of elegant ladies gracefully dancing. Meanwhile, a few ladies were engaged in conversations amongst themselves. Their attire consisted of long skirts paired with a revealing blouses that, their breast were practically coming out of their tight blouse, The dupatta hanging loosely on one shoulder, some women were not even wearing a dupatta, showing a lot of skin. I moved my gaze at front and walked.

Walking further, I noticed two women engaged in a game of chess, with a group of other women gathered around them, showing their support for each player. The tension in the air was palpable, with silence prevailing as the spectators eagerly awaited the outcome of the game. Moving forward, we entered a spacious living room where a woman in her early forties was seated, enjoying some fruits. Two additional women were in the room as well, one massaging the older woman's legs and the other styling her hair.

"Chandralekha"

The head lady with me called out to her. The woman whose name was Chandralekha looked at us and instantly sat up as if she was expecting us. The two women stopped their work and stood behind Chandralekha. We also went and sat on the sofa. Kashmira was standing beside me with Kumud.

"Khamma ghani baisa"

{"Greetings princess."}

She said while joining her hands together. I nodded and greeted her back.

"Meet Chandralekha princess, she is the head of these ladies. She took care of all the things related from work to the wages of these courtesans. If you want to change something or have any query related to these ladies you can always talk with her."

The head lady said introducing me to Chandralekha.

"She works here from a very long time, she herself was a very famous courtesan when she was young."

The head lady informed me. I nodded, there was no doubt, Chandralekha was very beautiful even in her forties.

As we were talking, we were disturbed by the arrival of someone else. I looked behind and saw a very fine and beautiful woman i have ever seen in my life entering the area. She had a long dark brown hairs which was reaching below her hips. Her figure was perfect, big breast and hips with a tiny waist which could attract any man towards her. Her every moment was telling that she was pro at seducing any men.