7 - Everything has changed

During the weekend, Sand was able to move to Joey and Damrong's apartment. He didn't own many things so he was really quick. Just Paul wasn't really happy about it.

"So you are really going..." Paul was leaning against the door leading to his room.

"Yes, I wasn't joking but you can visit me whenever you are free."

"The nights without you will be lonely again..." Paul kept sulking and Sand approached him.

"You fell asleep before me anyways or when you were avoiding me, you were also fine."

"Yes but I still knew you were close to me. Now I will be worried about you."

"Worried or jealous?" Sand smirked and Paul blushed but then his mother ruined their moment.

"I see you are already moving away. You should tell me sooner so I could give you your paycheck sooner."

"I can come for it later. I'll pay for my rent next month anyways." She nodded.

"See, Pol? Even your friend stood up on his feet faster." Paul sighed.

"And who'd help you if Pol didn't live here? Anyways, I'm going." Sand grabbed his guitar case in which he had some of Paul's clothes and then left but he didn't forget to write his address in a letter for Paul which he left in their room.

"Wait!" Paul rushed out to talk to him in privacy outside the house.

"I really hate your mother... that's why I rushed away."

"She's not always bad..."

"It's just... how can you two love yourselves when she always finds something wrong about you two? You are never good enough for her... I hate it. My mother loved me no matter what and never made me feel so worthless. Coming out to her is a bad idea, Song."

"I need to do it one day, I don't want to live in this life forever! I can still remember how she was setting dates with older single women for me to get married before Jom but they always found me boring and I escaped."

"Arranged marriage? In which century does she live in? She'll think you are breaking a law by dating me. Are you okay with that?" Sand pulled out a cigarette and smoked. He had his freedom but at what cost when his lover was still locked in this cage with homophobic parents?

"I hope she'll realize one day I'm worth much more than she thinks... I may be a homosexual but I always obeyed her rules and did what she wanted. If she won't realize that, there's no point in living here anymore."

"See? This is great, you need to know your own worth when your parents make you feel like a complete shit. We don't have phones but we can write letters to each other. I left you one in your room." Paul smiled and nodded.

"I will send you love letters every day until you get bored of me."

"Being cherished like this? There's no way I'm gonna get bored. I love to be spoiled, you know?" Paul rushed to him and kissed him when no one was looking. Sand kissed him back and rather hid them with his black case.

"I'm going to miss you."

"Then try to get out of your house as often as possible. I'll be waiting for you. Bye, love." Sand said and didn't think much about the last word unlike Paul who was still not ready to tell him "I love you" back. Sand has been nothing but good to him but Paul used this world just for his true lifelong love though it was one-sided from the beginning. He waved at Sand for the last time but then he couldn't stop thinking about the word LOVE.