5 - Too good, too bad

From the moment of their kiss, Sand and Paul didn't talk to each other for most days of the following week which was a lot considering they were so inseparable.

Paul was also scolded by his mother but he didn't hear her, he was still too bothered by what happened between him and Sand.

"What did I say yesterday?! Didn't you hear me?! Why are you like this, Pol?!" He sighed and promised to not do anything wrong again as always but this time he fulfilled his promise.

He didn't even talk to Sand... they didn't need to communicate in their work as Sand was mostly cooking and Paul was just taking the orders giving the customers his servings. He also hadn't seen Jaya since her last visit but he could still listen to her songs on the radio or his gramophone recorder which he got from his grandpa who already passed away a few years ago in Paul's current timeline.

Meanwhile Sand was preparing for his other part-time job and even talked to the owner of the bar about his contract.

"My boys told me you'd like to join them and praised you a lot. Is it still actual or did you change your mind?"

"No, I want to work here. Where can I sign it?"

"I advise you to read it first. There may be something which can catch you off guard." Sand rather listened to his words and read a few rules he had to follow as the bar artist.

"1. You will always prepare the songs which you'll be requested to sing.
2. If you are sick, inform someone in the band in time.
3. You will be nice to the customers and if they want to touch you, let them." That's where he stopped reading.

"Are you serious about this? Letting them touch me as if I were some toy..."

"If you won't let them, they'll leave in a bad mood and ruin the reputation of this bar and the band. They must leave satisfied so they will come again and bring more people."

"And? What if they want to drag me somewhere and do more?"

"You are a man, it shouldn't be a problem for you, right?" Sand frowned at him. Are the others also going so far just to have a place to sing at?

"However, so far no one had such a request. A kiss or hug was enough for them." Sand still didn't like it but he needed the money and this was the perfect chance for starting a career. If someone bothers him, he will kindly reject HER or beat HIM up to teach him some manners.

"Is that all?"

"Everything else is in the contract but there are no different rules from other jobs." Sand nodded and signed the contract.

It was Wednesday so his new friends weren't at work and he couldn't ask them for more information. Friday night was also coming soon and he was already preparing a speech to say at the meeting for LGBTQ+ rights.

On Thursday it was his first time when he sang for such a long-time and he finally felt like he fitted among the people. They were young, his age, and everyone was paying him attention and danced to his voice. He felt so happy that so many people appreciated his music, the genre he loved, but there was still missing something... or rather someone. He couldn't forget about the way Paul looked at him at the bar. He looked at him as his fan and he was the fan he appreciated the most but this time he wasn't there and Sand had to go out smoking during his break.

"Shia... I really fucked up..." He was leaning his back against the wall and then the guitarist Joey approached him.

"Can I have a cig?" Sand nodded and gave him one, then he lit it with his lighter.