6 - Our rights

Paul was just washing the dishes when Sand made sure no one would see them and embraced Paul from behind.

"Hey! Mom will see!" Paul hysterically whispered but Sand ignored it and bit his earlobe.

"It's fine, she's busy..." He sucked his earlobe but then they heard her walking to the kitchen and Sand quickly pulled away and pretended to cook.

"I've got other dishes for you, Pol. Saen, stop cooking, there won't be more customers. Come help me with cleaning instead." Sand nodded but sighed right away. He really couldn't wait to move away and get his freedom.

After their shift ended, Sand needed to prepare for his other part-time job and trained his vocal cords in the bathroom. Paul heard him and walked in to feed his curiosity.

"Sand? Which songs are you gonna sing now?"

"Today's request... you should be happy. My fangirls requested Jaya so even though it's not my taste, I have to obey it."

"J-Jaya?! Like my Jaya?!" Paul shouted and didn't think it sounded weird.

"Yes but I'd rather imitate my Amphol Lampoon. Even in this era people have no-."

"Don't you dare say something bad about Jaya!" Paul coldly looked at him and Sand found it incredibly hot.

"Oh what if I dare? What will you do?" Sand pushed his back against the door and put his hand beside his face.

"Sand... you need to stop doing this... we'll be exposed this way."

"Sorry, the adrenaline makes me hornier. Also... today is the meeting for LGBTQ+ rights. Do you think you can come?" Paul looked away.

"I don't know... but the image of you alone in a room with other gays doesn't make me feel good."

"Why? You don't mind when I go to the bar singing. I'm a bisexual and girls crush on me so hard."

"I know... it's so hard when both genders attract you... I have to be jealous of everyone."

"You don't have to. I may be a playboy but my ex told me I'm a loyal dog which is true though he said it to insult me. Still... I'd like to see you there. We share the same goals and if we pressure the government more this year, we may achieve legalized weddings several years later. Think about it."

"But it usually changes when the minority is under an attack... how many of us have to die for others to get married, Sand?"

"Oi, maybe we can avoid it. You and I are experienced about the future and know what works. We need to get votes out of the majority but I'll discuss it later... Song, I think there's a reason why monks fulfilled your wish, they wouldn't give this opportunity to anyone but you lived a sincere life, didn't you? You haven't committed any sins and that's why it was possible but you shouldn't do this just for yourself... I had a transgender friend who just got into a serious relationship and if she wanted to get married, she wouldn't be able to as she was a man in the past. We should at least try to not live the same tragic lives, you twice." Paul looked at Sand with admiration in his eyes. The way Sand talked made him feel confident and wanted to be more active than in his past life.

"You are amazing, Sand." Sand chuckled.

"I don't even know if it'll work. I didn't live in this year. I don't know how stubborn the government was in this era but I think... we shouldn't give up. We should convince them that we are not any threat to their kids or them. We are... normal." Paul smiled at him.