I Could Get Used To This

It was an unusually calm night in the ER. One of the doctors had joked that this was clearly the opposite of a full moon night. Josephine and Anna were sitting at the ER lobby triage desk, trying everything to stay awake for the last half of their shift. Pulling her phone out of her scrub pocket, Josephine flipped it out to quickly type a text before hitting send.

Should've called out. It's dead here tonight

"Texting lover boy?" Anna asked, quirking an eyebrow. Josephine shot her a glare, and Anna laughed. "Well, who else could you possibly text at 1 am?" The phone vibrated in Josephine's hand, drawing her attention back to hit.

Told you ;)

Laughing, she tucked her phone back into her pocket and turned to face Anna.

"You really think he's that into me?"

"I've thought about it since you told me about him fixing your car," Anna said in a sing-song voice. Josephine shook her head and lightly laughed, picking her book off the desk and cracking it open.

Twenty minutes later, the doors to the ER opened, causing them both to look up. At that moment, Juice walked in carrying a tray with coffee in one hand and a brown bag in the other. Anna watched her friend's face light up like a kid on Christmas.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Josephine asked as Juice put the tray and bag down on the desk.

"You seemed bored. I brought coffee and food to get you ladies through the rest of your shift?" Juice said before leaning over to give Josephine a quick kiss. He straightened up, grabbing one of the coffees from the tray and holding it out to Anna. "Creamers and sugars are in the bag." He passed Josephine her coffee and continued, "There's also two bacon, egg, and cheese plain bagels in there for you two."

"Didn't think those bikes had multiple cup holders on them," Anna said, reaching into the bag for creamers.

"They don't," Juice laughed, "Actually, Half-Sack dropped off your car tonight, Jo. Was gonna text you to say I was gonna pick you up, but you texted me first." Josephine's face lit up again at the mention of her car being fixed. She squealed, jumping up to throw her arms around Juice's neck.

"Oh my god, thank you!" He laughed again, returning the tight hug.

"Alright, you two, get a room," Anna scoffed, causing the two of them to look over at her. Josephine rolled her eyes, and Juice quirked an eyebrow.

"Wait, we can steal a room?" He smirked, earning himself a smack on the arm from Josephine. She stepped out of his arms to grab a bagel from the bag. Anna lifted her coffee cup to her lips to try to hide her grin. She watched how Juice looked at her friend. His eyes followed her every movement, his smile never leaving his face. Josephine had sunk back into her chair, unwrapping the bagel as she went. Anna motioned to Juice to sit in the empty chair between them, and Juice sank into it and grabbed his coffee.