Chapter 3 A Dead's Man Game

This chapter contains violence and gore. Thank you and enjoy

The heat shined brightly down on Joseph and Friday as they walked through the crowded sidewalk. After the encounter with Mr. M, Joseph had all he needed packed and was sent to Afghanistan. He was to find a man named Bernard, who will be their protector and half guide. Their real guide will join shortly after they get out of this city and towards their true destination up in the mountains. Joseph decided to rest under some shade near what looked like a brewery. He looked back to see how Friday was doing, and felt guilty he made this corpse carry the baggage. But no complaint or words exited the corpses mouth, only a blank stare.

Two big ships across the river leading to the ocean were at the docks. Curious of who they belonged to, Joseph pulled out his stethoscope. Two men dressed to impress in their best suits were shaking hands and laughing, while what was assumed as their wives and children stood by. They must be friends rather than business men. One in the dark grey suit was the former President of the United states, the other man was unknown to Joseph. Must be off to indulge in their riches they buried out here away from the governments eyes.

Behind the luxurious boat was many, many more boats that passed the dock filled to the brim of corpse soldiers. They were being sent off to another war.

"Seems the former president and his friend have no worries about this war." said Joseph, This new war with the country down south was consuming so many corpses; Friday would have been one of those corpses down there.

Before he put his telescope down he noticed a newcomer exiting from one of the cabins on the presidents boat. From the hourglass figure and long, flowing, white dress Joseph knew it was a women. Her hat was white as well with pale colored flowers decorating the top. Joseph stared intensely at this new figure, he has never seen this figure before. Almost as if sensing his gaze she turned around and Joseph got a glance at her angelic face. The edges of her cherry red lips curled up into a smug smile.

Suddenly an explosion was heard, and it was near too. Everyone was beginning to panic, and run. Joseph didn't even process that a corpse with a bulging belly sticking out from its boney complexion walked out from behind the curtains leading to the brewery. Knocking Friday down its eyes turned red and it pulled a trigger that was sticking out of its neck; similar to a grenade and launched itself to latch onto Joseph.

Before Joseph could react or even push the corpse off a big hand punched the corpse hard that it flew off the railing and rolled into the river where an explosion made water fly up. Joseph stared in shock at where the corpse blew up.

"Look alive school boy, " a mysterious deep voice called over the screams of citizens. Joseph turned to see a very tall man that had bulging muscles. He had a bit of a beard growing, and his hair was a light chestnut brown with black eyes. He had a cocky smirk on as he crouched down and picked up Friday by his waist.

Seeing Friday being picked up Joseph instantly latched onto Fridays wrist in a panic. 'Was M going against his word?' ' Did he lie about giving Joseph Friday's corpse?'

" What are you doing with him!?" Joseph shouted, keeping a firm grip onto Friday. The mans smile grew smug and crouched to meet Josephs sight. "Wouldn't want to die before you reach the battlefield, now do you?" the man asked with a playful tone. Joseph suddenly realized who this man was. He was-

More explosions went off, bringing Joseph from his thoughts. Getting up he chased after the man who had Friday. The man threw Friday into a vacant carriage then went for the front and cracked the reins to make the horses start moving away from the chaos. Jumping onto the footstep and holding onto the open carriage door, Joseph witnessed the chaos before him. Two corpses latched themselves onto the carriage, but Joseph kicked the first one off that was hanging onto the door. The man upfront punched the second one off with his great strength.