mind games

I grumbled in anger and frustration as the door opened. I felt a lump in my throat and tears stung my eyes. I shut them to prevent them from falling. 'I came to this place. It's my fault for opening that letter and letting my curiosity get the better of me. Now I'm paying the price so I just have to suck it up and go through it like a champ!' I pulled the lever and walked into the play station. It looked familiar. They would take most of the orphans here to play their games. What was weird was that we were playing the games by ourselves one at a time.

I pulled the lever and the lady, Stella, started talking and telling me where I needed to go. I walked down the stairs and was expecting to be hit with a wave of nostalgia, but I only cowered at the sight of blood stained walls.

I was soon led to a room where they made hands, which is something I really needed since mommy ripped mine's off. I saw a VHS tape and grabbed it before hitting the buttons to make my hand. Afterwards, I put the tape in the player as it explained how my new hand can hold electricity and how long I could hold it. This was also how I could get through other doors. I used the electricity to get through the vents and into musical memory. As I looked around, I noticed Bunzo hanging from the ceiling. 'What the f-' "Welcome to musical memory." A voice said before explaining the basics of the game. What it didn't explain was what would happen if Bunzo reached me? Knowing this place, it might be something gruesome. Soon the light in an observation room turned on and a mommy was there, sticking to the glass and staring down at me with her black wide plastic eyes. I shivered at the feeling. "Isn't it amazing! Mommy hasn't seen this place up and running in years! Mommy can only imagine how excited Bunzo must be." As if on cue, Bunzo slowly lowered down towards me and I panicked. "It's been a long time since he's been able to play, to cheer, to love." Bunzo clashed his symbols together as a response to mommys' comment. I flinched in fear. "That's the bell! Goodluck." Right after she said that, the game started.

At first the game was easy but as time went on, it got more intense before starting to glitch. Soon the game was starting to malfunction and the stop button was swinging around me. I struggled to press it, but eventually I did, much to mommys' disappointment. "Oh it broke, that's no fun." She said sadly. "For doing such a splendid job," Her hand came from above me. "Mommy has decided to give you PART of the train code." My jaw dropped at what she said. "What? I just wanna go home, let me go home!" I practically begged her with a pleading look. "Not until you finish the rest of the games." She said before the exit door opened and she disappeared.

Bonus- Mystery pov

Our angel wants to leave so bad, she wants to leave us...Can't let her do that. She needs to stay with us, let her father suffer for his past mistakes. He doesn't deserve her like we do. She's our angel.

[Y/n]-POV

The next game was wack a wuggy, which I used to think was fun as a kid because I kept trying to grab the mini Huggys instead of hitting them, but yeah. The room had blood on the walls like everything else did in this place, which makes me wonder if anyone other than the toys was alive down here. The tv then turned on and explained what I needed to do before mommy came and technically confessed to me that she removed the strings from the mini Huggys so they could run out and possibly kill me. I didn't like how I had to play the game in the dim light, but I had no choice. As I played, I looked around to find any huggys that I might have missed that were popping out of the holes. I sighed thinking the game was over until something grabbed my leg. I yelped in fear seeing a mini Huggy Wuggy attached to my leg, bearing its almost never ending sharp teeth. I ripped it off as fast as it got me and tossed it far away from me. It hit the wall before scurrying into one of the holes.

Once the game was over, mommy gave me another part of the code. "Only one game left to play." Mommy said, acting as if she was sad, but I knew she wasn't really, just disappointed that I lived. "Mommy was hoping you'd stay here forever, though, it's never too late to change your mind." Something told me that even if I did win, she wouldn't let me leave. I made it to another area where everything was locked and behind bars that would only open if you pulled the levers. I wasn't able to pull one of the levers because it was on the other side of the caged bars. Soon, an alarm went off signalling that the other door on the opposite side of me was opening. It revealed a silhouette of what I almost thought to be huggy wuggy. My blood ran cold. 'How did he survive?! Did he come back to kill me?' Soon my thoughts were silenced when I saw Kissy missy instead. It still didn't calm me though. She only stood there and tilted her head as I tilted mine in confusion. She looked down at me before looking at the lever and then back at me. 'What is she doing?' I thought as she flailed her plush hand onto the lever and pulled it down, opening the door. I almost thought that she was going to kill me if it wasn't for the fact that she was walking away. "Hey." I called out as I tried to follow her, but when I turned the corner, she was gone. I soon turned back to the task at hand: I needed to get back to the game station.

【I almost forgot to publish this
(。Ŏ ᗜ Ŏ ̆ 。)】