Chapter (1)

Time skip 3 years later...

Daisy Moretti (POV) Age 7

I wake up and check my watch the time reads 5:30. Antonio gave me that watch for my sixth birthday exactly a year ago. Today is my seventh birthday I don't usually celebrate my birthdays because it is just a reminder of the day that my parents threw me out like a piece of trash. I get up and head downstairs it still amazes me how big this house is like a castle with big hallways, 3 stories tall, massive windows, a gym, and a massive library there is still so much area that I have not yet discovered, or I am not allowed to be near.

I continue down to the dining room it makes me uncomfortable how big it is. There is a plate of pancakes on one of the table settings. So predictable I always get pancakes for birthday breakfast. I look around it is weird seeing this big room empty, it makes me feel so small. What a waste of space it is when not being used. After I finished eating, I bring my plates into the kitchen. I accidentally scare one of the kitchen ladies she jumps "Sorry I didn't see you there dear" She yelped. "It's ok I was coming to clean my dishes" I sighed. Knowing that she wouldn't let me do them I have lived here for 3 years, and I am not allowed to do dishes. "it's ok dear I can do them" she offered. I know there was no use arguing with her. "A-Antonio w-wants to see you at the c-cellar" the poor lady manages to stutter. It sounds like Antonio wasn't in a good mood this morning. 

I have not yet been in the cellar; I have never been allowed to. although I did try once but then got in heaps of trouble, after all, I was pissing off a powerful mafia leader. I walk down to the cellar I know where it is I've just never been in there. I stop at a big, rusted metal door it looks like it was once painted red or maybe that is blood, never mind. I can feel my heart beating faster I don't know if it is from nerves or excitement. but I am way too excited to be going into an underground cellar. I push the door open with some heaving and struggle. To see Antonio standing in a dark concrete room with a small purple box in his hand. my eyes adjust to the dim lighting in the room. 

"You came" he acts surprised, "Yes, well I didn't really have a choice" I noted. "fair" he walks up to me and hands me the purple box. "Happy birthday or whatever" he mumbles while looking at the wall behind me. Antonio has never been good at trying to be all nice and kind he is better at giving orders, but I guess I'm only 7 so he tries to be nice and all. "What is it?" I ask curiously, "open it" he grins. I pull the lid off and reveal what is inside a knife, a beautiful one at that. "You can close your mouth now" he smirks, I hadn't realized but my mouth had fallen open. I picked up the knife and held it tightly in my hands I could feel the cold metal on my fingers. by the look of the knife, it was probably expensive. There was a little engraving on the base of the blade it was a flower, a daisy, just like my name.

He walks over to a wooden board hung on the wall "Throw it" he insists. I look at how perfectly balanced the knife is in my hands. Then I look over at the plank of wood there are five circles painted onto it and a red dot in the middle I'm guessing this board is new because there are no knife slits in it yet.

"I said throw it," he repeats louder this time more demanding. I swing my arm and ditch the blade straight at the board. It hits just outside the second painted circle. "that's ok try again, your training starts today" he declares.