Chp 7: Rules Are Meant To Be Followed

Year 9

Lan Sizhui opened his eyes, "Sizhui! Sizhui!" Someone called from out his window. A familiar but somewhat weird tone of voice of someone he knew... Lan Sizhui leaned towards the window frame to see who was calling, though he already guessed who it could have been. "Hey! Get down here!" Lan Jingyi waved. His guess was right. 

Lan Sizhui placed his book down calmly. Stood up and walked fast down the stairs, with the pace you wouldn't call a 'run'. 

"What's the matter Jingyi?" He asked as he reached Lan Jingyi who was smiling. This smile... no it was not a smile, it frightened Lan Sizhui. The grin on Lan Jingyi's face widened as he pulled Lan Sizhui. 

Lan Sizhui smiled curiously, yet the fear on his face could not be avoided. He was obviously nervous, yet he chose to act calm as Lan Jingyi dragged him. "What is it, Jingyi...?" His tone felt like he'd just wished he continued to read his book and ignored Lan Jingyi calling. "I have something to show you!" Lan Jingyi exclaimed.

Lan Sizhui sighed and let himself be yanked around the place. "J-jingyi, wait..." Lan Sizhui groaned, exhausted. "Where are we  go-" Lan Sizhui stopped, almost hitting the back of Lan Jingyi, both of them panted before Lan Jingyi started walking towards the tall grass.

Lan Sizhui looked up at Lan Jingyi who was slowly going farther from him, deep into the greens.

 "W-wait!" Lan Sizhui started running towards his shidi. Lan Jingyi sat down, making Lan Sizhui who tailed behind him worry. "Jingyi?" He asked as he took slower steps after he realized that Lan Jingyi was just sitting.

Lan Sizhui sat beside Lan Jingyi who was pointing at a strange compass. The design and pointer was unusual, and it seemed to be broken. "Hmm? What's this?" Lan Sizhui asked raising his hand to pick it up, the strange looking compass made him interested. His effort on being the mature and calm one between him and his shidi was over.

Thwack, "Ouch! What was that for!" Lan Sizhui was offended as he rubbed his wrist. "Don't touch it Sizhui, it looks weird." Lan Jingyi said making the other frown. "That doesn't excuse hitting me!"

Lan Jingyi pouted, "I was just looking out for you! What if it's evil?" 

"Still!" Lan Sizhui protested.

A shadow crept up from behind both of them who sat with their guards down. "What are you two doing here?" asked Lan Wangji dryly.

"Eek!" The two of them jumped up.

"A-ahh... Hanguang-Jun... We were just looking at the scenery here!" Lan Jingyi scratched the back of his head. He knew he couldn't get pass this, and lowered his head slightly. "Lying is prohibited." Said Lan Wangji coldly.

Lan Sizhui bowed, "Hanguang-Jun, it was just a slip from the mouth. Actually... we've been meaning to ask you if you could help us identify a certain thing we found..." Lan Sizhui looked at Lan Jingyi. 

Lan Jingyi flinched and bowed as well, "I apologize Hanguang-Jun" he said, almost instantly understanding what Lan Sizhui was trying to say. Thanks so much Sizhui! Huhu, what could I do without you. He almost knelt down on the spot.

"Mn." Lan Wangji responded walking between the two. He knelt down elegantly, and gracefully picked up the compass, having absolutely no fear.

Lan Jingyi couldn't help but think that Hanguang-Jun has a soft spot for his Shixiong. Then again, Lan Sizhui is usually honest. Lan Jingyi was not all childish, he knows at the very least that Hanguang-Jun's trust in Lan Sizhui did not come from Sizhui being his son.