Be Honest

You continued to ignore Matt's texts for the next few days, and it's been making you miserable. His new 'friend' has been posting with him quite a bit, and it ended up bothering you so bad that you deleted instagram.

You were laying in bed when your phone started ringing. You rolled over. It was Chris. You sighed, debating on whether or not you should answer it. You groaned as you decided it was best to pick up, knowing that if you didn't he'd make Matt drive him over. And if he made Matt drive him over, Matt would come over too.

"Hey," You said.

"Thank goodness. I was getting worried about you," Chris said. You sighed.

"I'm sorry," You said.

"It's okay. How are you doing?" He asked. You hesitated.

"I'm okay,"

"Don't lie,"

"I deleted instagram,"

"That's okay. Whatever you need to do," You hummed in response. "So, you know Sab's thing is tonight?"

"Yeah..." You said, trailing off. She had texted you a bit ago inviting you, and you told her that you'd love to come, but that was before Matt and Luna started dating. You weren't sure you'd be able to handle seeing them both in person.

"You're still coming, right?" He asked. You hesitated again. Be honest.

"I don't know," You said, quietly.

"Come on, I miss you. I haven't seen you in forever,"

"You saw me last week," You laughed.

"Yeah, and I used to see you every day," He wasn't wrong, and it made your heart hurt that it had to be this way. "We'll pick you up at 6,"

"Chris... I don't know if I'm ready for that,"

"Look, I'll be honest with you since you were honest with me. I don't know if she's going to be there, but I do know that she isn't going there with us. If she's there, we'll figure it out from there. You can say the word and I'll figure out a way to get us to leave," You thought about it for a moment.

"Okay," You said, reluctantly.

"YES! Bet, I will text you when we're leaving. Love youuu!" You couldn't help but smile. You appreciated the reaction. It made you feel wanted, and you haven't been feeling that way lately.

"Love you too, see ya soon," You said, hanging up.

An hour later, your phone started ringing again. Confused, you went over and saw Madi's name across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hi miss y/n/n," You smiled at the normalcy.

"Hi miss Madi, what's up?"

"You wanna open up your front door and let me in?"

"You're here?!" You asked, confused. "Give me a second," You hung up and ran downstairs and opened the door to reveal Madi with Laura waving from the car. She gave you a big hug, which you returned. "What are you doing here?! Not that I'm not happy to see you!" She laughed as she came in the house.

"Well, Chris told me that you were coming with us too, and I figured it would make it a little easier for you if we both got in the car together," You felt your eyes tear up slightly.

"That's so nice," You said. "Thank you,"

"Aw y/n/n," She said, hugging you again. "You know I always got you, right?"

"I appreciate that more than anything," You didn't know how you were so lucky to get such amazing friends.

You and Madi got ready together. She posted an adorable picture of the two of you on her Instagram story and you just continuously thanked her for being such a good friend to you. She told you how silly you were and that she was thankful to have you in her life