Little Comfort

You and Madi waited downstairs for Matt to come, doing your best to remain calm, but you were nervous. Still, you knew that Madi and Chris had your back, and you were sure Nick did too, so you weren't completely going insane.

You both heard a honk, meaning Matt was outside. You both looked at each other. Madi grabbed your hand and squeezed it.

"You got this, okay?" You nodded and squeezed her hand back.

The minute you stepped out the door, Matt's eyes were on you. And the boy could barely keep his mouth closed. You weren't typically the type to wear tight clothes, you liked your baggy sweatshirts and leggings, but Madi convinced you to step out of your comfort zone. You were wearing a white skirt that was just barely too tight and a thin black long-sleeve top that had a lot of lace in the front. Madi was wearing a little black dress that looked amazing on her. You were feeling quite insecure, but Madi promised you looked good, and you trusted her more than anyone at the moment.

"Matt, close your mouth," Nick smacked the back of his head. Matt immediately did as he was told, his cheeks burning, but his eyes stayed on you. Nick moved to the third row while you got in behind Matt and Madi got in behind Chris.

"Hey!" Madi said, enthusiastically.

"Hi," You tried to say with a normal voice, but it came out much quieter.

"Hey!" Nick and Chris said excitedly. Matt smiled at the two of you while you got in. You guys all made small talk while Matt drove, but truth be told it was Nick, Madi, and Chris talking. You had your eyes focused out the window, while Matt was doing everything to keep his eyes on the road rather than you through the mirror.

Sab's party was pretty big, it was at a huge place with tons of lights, people, and fun. You felt a little comfort knowing you could blend in for the night. As you all walked in, Nick and Madi bolted to the photo booth, after Madi gave you a quick look to make sure you were okay. This left you, Chris, and Matt. Your heart was pounding slightly, praying that Chris didn't walk away from you. Besides the photo booth, there was an entrance to a large party room that was filled with tables and a dance floor. On the other side, it looked to be an empty ballroom that wasn't in use.

"Let's go find our table," Chris said. You walked into the large room and found your table, putting all your shit down before Chris grabbed your hand.

"Let's go dance," You laughed and shook your head. "You have to until Madi and Nick come back!" You rolled your eyes as your best friend brought you onto the dance floor and spun you around. He definitely took your mind off of things. Between him and Madi, you really could not thank them enough for being there for you. You felt happy for the first time in weeks and it was a great feeling. But you should've known as soon as you let your guard down, everything would go downhill.