The Aftermath

Matt was frozen. He didn't know if he should go after you or what. He wanted to tell you that nothing Luna said was true, but he didn't know how. Right when he decided he should go after you, the door to the hallway opened. He rolled his eyes.

"Why did you follow her?" Luna snapped.

"Because she's my best friend,"

"I'm assuming that's not the only reason," Matt sighed.

"Yeah, it's not! I'm also fucking in love with her," Luna scoffed.

"Don't be ridiculous. You just have some silly schoolboy crush. Just like she does,"

"You don't know what you're talking about," Matt snapped.

"I think I do. Now, come back in with me,"

"Leave me the fuck alone. Whatever this was is done. I don't give a shit about what you say about me because none of it will be true. You should have never spoken to her that way and told her all that bullshit. Don't ever speak to her, or me again," He said, not allowing Luna to get another word out.

To his dismay, he was too late. You were gone, he was panicking, and he didn't know what to do. Matt bolted back in the building to find Chris. After scanning the room twice, he saw him talking to one of their friends.

"Chris. I can't fucking find her, I'm freaking out,"

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"I went after her and then she left. And when I went outside, she was gone,"

"Okay, let me- let me call her," Chris said, trying to remain calm. He knew if he freaked out it would only panic Matt more. Matt anxiously waited while the phone rang.

"Hello? Hey- can you hear me?" Chris asked. "Okay... Yeah... Do you want us to come- Oh okay," He looked at Matt and felt bad. Matt could tell he wasn't going to be happy with whatever Chris was about to say. "Okay... Just let me know, please... Love you... Bye,"

"Where is she?" Matt asked, anxiously.

"Uh, Trevor picked her up," Chris said, hesitantly, knowing how Matt would react.

"Trevor?" The wheels turned in Matt's head before he realized. Trevor Zegras. Trevor wasn't the one he was worried about, it was Trevor's best friend he was worried about... Jack Hughes. Trevor and you met through a mutual friend, which eventually led you to meet Jack. Jack and you got close quickly, and Matt hated it. If there was anyone in this world that you'd like besides Matt, or knew you as well as Matt, it would be Jack. Although Jack was a bit of a hotshot, he was still one of the sweetest guys you knew. He was always texting you, making sure you were okay, or just seeing how you were. He was one of your closest friends, alongside Trevor, and although you guys weren't always together or always talking, you all knew that you'd be there for one another in a heartbeat, no matter what. And that's exactly what Trevor was doing for you tonight, and he was being genuine when he said he was happy you called him. Trevor knew how hard it was for you to ask for help, so he would've dropped anything to come and pick you up. He also managed to make a unanimous decision to text Jack, filling him in on what was going on. They both always had your best interest at heart.