Chapter 1: Apperntices

As the sun filtered through the entrance of the nursery Berrykit felt the warmth of its rays on her fur, eyes closed Berrykit stretched her paws forward arching her back. Quickly she came to her senses and heard the birds sing their song, warriors gathering in the clearing, and Tumblepaw and Bearpaw talking happily about the newest apprentices today.

Wait!

Today was the day she, her brother Thunderkit, and her best friend Pinkkit became warrior apprentices! It was odd to have a kit who was not a littermate become apprentices with Berrykit and her brother but it was just the timing of births that caused her mother and Pinkkit's mother to have birthed the same day! Berrykit dashed over to Thunderkit and woke him up.

"Thunderkit! Thunderkit! Wake upppppp!" Berrykit mewed excitedly.

"Erm.. what..?" Thunderkit groaned.

"Today is our Apprentice ceremony!" Berrykit squealed.

"And they're up," It was Pinkkits mother. She must have been outside with Pinkkit because they were not in their nests. Thunderkit scrambled to his paw and ran out of the nursery just to be grabbed by their mother. Berrykit ran after her brother passing him as their mother held him to clean his fur, Berrykit skidded to a halt next to Pinkkit.

"I'm so excited!" Berrykit said high pitched.

"My mother already groomed me and told me to be careful or she would stop my apprentice ceremony till next moon!" Pinkkit said Berrykit felt her mothers paw suddenly wrap around her and trapping her in place while she groomed her.

"Mom! I can do it myself!" Berrykit resisted.

"Ha! You have to get groomed!" Thunderkit teased.

"You did too!" Berrykit spat playfully, pulling free from her mother. And then dashing over to Thunderkit, she opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by Gemstar.

"Let all cats old enough to climb the tallest tree meet below the highrock!"

Berrykit, Thunderkit, and Pinkkit all looked at each other, Berrykit and Pinkkit locked eyes, Pinkkit's pink eyes glittered on her siamese and tabby coat with happiness and the two cats ran in front of the clan with Thunderkit beside her.

"Welcome Fluffyclan, to day is one of the best days for a young group of cats, Berrykit, Thunderkit, and Pinkkit are becoming apprentices!" Gemstar announced, gesturing the three kits forward, Berrykit took a paw step forward with her bestie and brother.

"Thunderkit! Your mentor shall be Sparrowstripe!" Gemstar said with pride, "you shall be known as Thunderpaw!"

"Thunderpaw! Thunderpaw!" the clan chanted.

"Berrykit, your mentor shall be Poppypetal!" Gemstar said with pride, "You shall be known as Berrypaw!"

"Berrypaw! Berrypaw!" the clan chanted.

"Pinkkit, your mentor shall be Dawnpatch!" Gemstar announced

"You shall be known as Pinkpaw!"

"Pinkpaw! Pinkpaw!" the clan chanted. Gemstar flicked her tail for silence.

"With the power of Starclan, I ask that the mentors pass down their skills to their apprentices and the apprentices do their part and listen to their mentors, learning how to serve the clan and follow your code." Gemstar said looking up at the sky, There was a light breeze and a star shaped leaf landed in front of the apprentices. Berrypaw glanced at her father Hawkpounce who was also deputy of her clan, she saw her father reassure her with a small nod,