Run, Love (Ruben Miller x Reader)

I sit next to Ruben on the bed as he plays with Noah. "Sleep, little man. Your dad deserves some rest." I yawn. "So does your mum. She been working real hard for you." Ruben says . Noah giggles and gives him a gummy smile. "Mind if I close my eyes?" I ask, curling into his side. "Nah, I don't mind." He says lying back and putting Noah on his chest. My breathing slows and I finally fall asleep, only to b woken up moments later my Ruben's phone going off. 

                 "Sorry, love." he says turning his phone to silent. One of his many other phones ring, "Sorry, I really have to take this." he says picking up the phone and laying Noah on the bd next to me. I only hear his mutters, stuff like "What?" and "What they saying?". He gets another call and answers cautiously. The woman on the other side starts yelling. "Latoya? Latoya, what the fuck is going on?" He says getting up. "Are you okay?" I ask. He pulls back the curtain a little and peers through. Noah starts crying, so I swoop him into my arms and bounce him. "Ruben? You're starting to scare me." I say as he runs around the room. He pulls on some pants and a shirt before grabbing a bag and running upstairs. I pull on some clothes as well and place Noah in his crib. "Ruben?!" I shout upstairs. "It's alright, Noah. Daddy's here." he says entering the room with his car seat. 

                  "Ruben, what the fuck?" I ask, picking up Noah and holding him close to me. "The police are coming to the flat. I'm just gonna drop you guys at Dushane's flat for a little while I sort some things out." he says placing the carseat on the bed. I throw a couple of pieces of clothes into my purse and throw some clothes on Noah so he's warm. I follow Ruben out to the car and help him load the car. I jump into the passenger seat as he gets on the phone with Dushane. Noah starts crying as we drive along the dark roads. "Yo, Dushane! I need a big favor. I'll be there in five minutes. Meet me outside." He says before hanging up. "I could watch him. He's my son after all." I scoff. He takes a deep breath and reaches for my hand. "I know you could. How are you going to watch our son with no where to stay? You can't be at the flat, Y/N." He says, keeping his eyes on the road. "Yeah, sorry. I'm just tired and a little scared." I confess. "It's okay, love. I promise everything is going to be okay." He says squeezing my hand in comfort. 

        "Yo, Ruben. What's going on, bruv?" Dushane asks through the intercom. "Buzz me in now, bruv." Ruben says, balancing my purse, the car seat, and Noah's diaper bag. Dushane buzzes us in and Ruben quickly hands him the car seat and his bags. "I love you." He says kissing me. "Yo, what time are you picking up your family?" Dushane asks. "Call my sister." is all Ruben says before disappearing through the door. 

         "Dushane, call your solicitor." I say taking the car seat from him. "What's going on, Y/N?" He asks. "The police are after him. They trashed the rental properties and now they're headed to our flat." I say, holding back my tears. "It's okay, I promise." Dushane says hugging me. "What's going to happen to us?" I ask. "I'll bell my solicitor right now." he says holding his phone to his ear. I crouch down to the ground and kneel in front of Noah's car seat. "I love you, Noah. Your dad does too." I say, a single tear falling down my cheek.