10 - Back

First pov

Darkness and silence were all I could feel around me. That's my only companion now. How long has it been? Did I get attacked by another animal while I was unconscious?

Was it even real? Did I really reincarnate?

Or was it all just a dream?

Something my mind made up after being hit by the truck, something it's using to cling to life for a little bit longer, a final struggle.

In this endless darkness and silence, a voice accompanied me. I couldn't make it out at first it was more of a noise than a voice, but as time passed, maybe days or maybe years I couldn't tell in this state, it started to become clearer and clearer.

At first, I could only make out letters, then a word fully appeared in my consciousness and then it formed a full sentence.

"B…"??.

"Br…".

"Broth…"

"Brother!."

"BROTHER, WAKE UP!!."

So that's what it was, it was the voices of my siblings, both of them screaming at me to wake up.

I guess it wasn't a dream after all, for some reason, I felt a sense of relief wash over me at that realization.

***

Third pov

In the southern water tribe, it was late at night, the stars dotted the vast sky and cast their light on the ground, illuminating the quit tribe, a full round moon hung high in the sky like an eye watching over the world.

At the chief's house, four people surrounded the table and were eating their dinner in silence. There was a gloomy air surrounding the four of them, their previous happy joyous smiles and laughs could no longer be seen, and in its place was nothing but a numb look hiding their pain.

"Will he really be alright?." Nya inquired about her son for the dozen times that day, breaking the silence. And although she had heard the answer again and again she still asked, maybe it was just to find some kind of relief upon hearing that her son would be fine.

Hearing his wife's question Hakoda could only sigh with a heavy heart, she had been asking this question again and again ever since Levi was brought back to the tribe and he had been answering her every time without so much as a complaint, he knew she just wanted him to comfort her at this point.

She didn't even care that Sokka and Katara heard her and saw her in this state, something she would have never neglected before.

"Yes my love, he will definitely be fine. You know our son, he is a strong kid and he will get through this just fine" said Hakoda.

Sokka and Katara only listened on the side with tears in their eyes, not interrupting their parents.

These last few days hadn't been hard on only Hakoda and his wife, Sokka, and Katara were also the same, maybe even worse as they're only kids and something like this was already too much for them, and on top of that they blamed themselves for it.

One could only imagine what they could be going through.

"SO WHY HASN'T HE WOKEN UP YET? YOU SAY HE WILL BE FINE BUT WHY IS MY SON STILL NOT AWAKE YET"

"THE MEDICS SAY THAT NOTHING IS WRONG WITH HIM BUT IT'S BEEN FIVE DAYS, SO WHY ISN'T HE AWAKE."

Kya flipped and screamed at the top of her lungs before she broke down crying, the other three could only clench their hands and stay silent not being able to do anything, this has happened multiple times during the past few days.