𝗧𝗪𝗢

"You can't wear a tank top two days in a row, and you can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week," Gretchen remarked, glancing at Cady's ponytail. "I guess you've chosen today."

She then turned to Regina, Stacy, and Karen. "Oh! And we only wear sweats or track pants on Fridays. If you break any of these rules, you can't sit with us. And I mean, not just you, like any of us," Gretchen clarified. "Like, if I wore sweatpants today, I'd have to go sit over there with the art freaks." She pointed towards a table where Damian and Janis were eating baloney.

Cady tried to process the information and responded, "That seems fair."

Regina interjected abruptly, holding a yogurt in her hand. "120 calories and 48 calories from fat. What percent is that?"

Gretchen appeared confused. "Um, 48 into 120?"

Karen chimed in, moving her hand towards Gretchen. "There's no way of knowing."

Cady stepped in to offer an explanation. "It's 40%. Forty-eight out of 120 equals x out of 100, and then you cross-multiply to get the value of x."

The group looked at Cady with perplexed expressions.

"Cool," Stacy said, maintaining a smile.

"Hmm," Regina responded, setting the yogurt down. She then took Stacy's hand. "Whatever. Um, we're going to get cheese fries."

"Yeah, definitely," Stacy agreed, waving as she and Regina walked away.

Once the two girls had left, Karen and Gretchen turned to Cady, wearing smiles.

"So, have you seen any guys... or girls... you think are cute yet?" Karen asked, clearly excited.

Cady grew nervous and admitted, "Well, actually, I kinda think I have a thing for a girl."

"Oh, who is it?" Gretchen inquired.

"Stacy," Cady confessed, causing both girls to go silent as their smiles faded.

"No. No. Bad. Bad. Danger," Karen exclaimed.

"You can't like Stacy Howard! That is Regina's girlfriend!" Gretchen told her, and Cady gasped, not expecting Regina to be in a same-sex relationship.

"Wait," Cady interjected. "I thought I saw Regina kissing Shane Oman yesterday?"

"They break up every weekend," Karen shrugged.

"Irregardless!" Gretchen exclaimed. "The two of them are like endgame!"

Karen looked to the side before grabbing her tray of food and moving away from the table. Gretchen leaned in towards Cady and whispered, "Don't worry. I will never tell Regina what you said. I am very trustworthy. Karen's had sex with 11 people, and I've never told anyone."

Afterward, a boy from Cady's calculus class approached their table and offered her a spot in the mathletes. Just as Cady was about to accept, Gretchen interjected and declined on her behalf. Meanwhile, Regina and Stacy returned from their supposed cheese fry outing.

"Ew, no. Why is he by our table?" Regina questioned, displaying a mix of confusion and disgust.

"I can hear you, by the way," Kevin, the boy from Cady's class, responded.

Regina waved her fingers dismissively. "Can you hear me now? Bye."

"Gina, don't be so mean," Stacy chimed in, laughing. She casually flipped her hair and resumed enjoying her cheese fries.

Kevin tried to give Cady his card once again but Gretchen snatched it and teared it up and he just sighed before walking off. After regina finished drinking her drink she turned to cady.