Chapter 6

A few days later.

I'm home alone. I haven't told anyone what happened to me, other than the police. I didn't know what people would say. I knew the majority would say "why didn't you escape? why didn't you stop him?" I tried, believe me, I really tried. I hated the thought of him murdering me in cold blood so I had no choice but to do what he asked of me. I couldn't do a thing to stop him as he stood and raped me in the darkness. 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It was my cousin Dappy. I stood back to let him in.

"Hey T" He smiled.

"Hey" I smiled weakly.

"You OK?" He asked me.

How could I tell him the truth? How could I possibly tell him his little cousin had been raped just a few hours earlier? What would he think of me? He spoke to me and broke me out of my thoughts.

"T? You OK?" He repeated.

"Oh erm, what, yeah I'm fine" I replied.

"No you're not T. Talk to me" He urged.

"It's nothing OK? Will you just leave it?" I snapped at him.

"You're my cousin and I love you T. I know I never tell you that but it's true" Dappy admitted.

"Don't be getting all soppy man" I laughed.

"I'm not!" He laughed back.

"We're family yeah? That'll never change" I answered.

"Well, obviously" He grinned.

"We gonna play PlayStation or not then?" Dappy asked me.

"Can we do it another day? I don't feel right well" I told him.

"Yeah course, get yourself better soon" He smiled before leaving the house.

The truth was, I'm feeling fine but I'm not in the best of moods for company, not with everything I've been through over the last few hours. I just want to go to sleep. I got some water and headed up to bed for a bit. I knew it wasn't like me to sleep during the day but I just wanted to go to sleep. I've been through a hell of a lot in the past few hours and I'm eternally grateful that I'm still alive and that I managed to get away.

The next day.

I've been asleep all night. I really needed that sleep. I still don't feel up to seeing anyone really. I know I do have to go out and face the world at some point, but right now, I'm happy just to be on my own for now. There's a knock at my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I called out.

"I got you a cup of tea Tula" My Mum answered.

"OK two minutes" I replied, getting out of bed.

I opened the door and smiled weakly as I took the cup of tea off my Mum.

"Thanks Mum" I replied.

"It's alright love. Are you planning on getting dressed today or not?" She asked me.

"I'll see later" I mumbled.

"Are you OK?" She quizzed me.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm going to go back in my room to wake up. I'll see you later Mum" I responded.

"Are you sure? You don't sound it?" She questioned me.

"I'm fine Mum, will you leave it?" I argued.

I went back in my bedroom, layed flat on my bed and stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. Slowly I started to cry myself to sleep and I just couldn't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks.