one

kayla ; 6am ; 453 words

I woke up from my tiring slumber to a bright sunny March Monday. I glanced over at my phone to see no texts nor calls from my boyfriend, Cody.

It's been like this ever since last Friday when Spring Break started. He said he wasn't going to be able to text me because his parents were taking away his phone while they go on a vacation, but he's always on Instagram.

I decided to stop thinking about him and start to get ready for school. I entered my decent sized bathroom and started brushing my teeth with one hand and adjusting my music playlist with the other.

I finished brushing my teeth, turned on the shower before stripping down the clothes I had slept in. Then pressed play on my music playlist.

I washed my body and curly hair with my favorite products while jamming out to music. I stepped out of the shower, dried off, walked over to my walk-in closet and began to search for an outfit because I forgot to pick one out last night.

I picked out a simple white v-neck, gray leggings, and my white air forces ones. I sat down at my vanity and completed my daily makeup routine. Then, went back into my bathroom hooked up my flat iron and quickly straighten my hair in less than ten minutes.

I grabbed my school bag and phone then quickly made my way down the steps running towards the door.

"Kayla, have some breakfast!" my mom yelled from the kitchen where she was feeding my other siblings.

"No thank you mamá! I'll stop at Starbucks on the way to school, bye te amo" I said exiting the front door before she could reply.

I ran over to my black Audi which was a gift for my 16th birthday and started my way to Starbucks.

<><><>

I went along the rest of the day at school completing all of my in class assignments and passing by Cody and his friends ever so often, who ignored me. I exchanged quick glances with one of the boys, who I think his name is Jack Gilinsky.

I was on my way out of the school doors during dismissal when I was stopped by Cody.

"So now you wanna talk" I said pushing him away lightly

"I'm sorry baby, I can ex-"

"Don't baby me. You ignored me for a week, and your excuse was that you didn't have your phone, when you clearly did"

He stayed quiet.

"Exactly! You never cared for me in your possession anyways, it's over" I said running over to my car and heading home.
________________
*btw <>=time skips
Vote, Comment, & Follow

2 votes 💗