Prologue

I have no idea how much time has passed, or how long it will be until we will arrive.I alos didn't know where we will.

The wooden cart with iron bars at the windows trembled on the muddy road, the only light being the stars and the torches. The bruise I had on my ribs hurted, making me whine at every movement.

The guards were walking around the cart, sometimes throwing me a warning glance. But I could escape, even if they had weapons and I had nothing. I wasn't called "The Demon with Starry Eyes" for nothing. I only needed one minute to free myself from the cart, and around 30 seconds to kill all the 10 guards. That was easy.

We continued our way to a unknown destination, owls ocasionally singing in the woods. I took a deep breath and tried to stop thinking at the betrayel from 2 nights ago, and all the wounds, still bleeding on my body.

The door cracked open and a guard brutally dragged me from there. In front of me, it wasn't a jail, or a mine, but it was the imperial castel.

"Welcome to the House of Torture", one of the guards said and laughed

I rolled my eyes and ignored the freezing March wind. The imperial castle was known as a torture place for the worst murderers of the world. Was I one of them? Yes, yes I was.

And for the first time in 10 years, my footsteps followed the path to my home, but this time, I was not going to have the rightful throne.