Chapter 6: A Frigid Ceremony

Today, at the Yu Rim Hotel's Yu Seong Hall, Kang Hyun and Yun had their engagement ceremony.

Yun was dragged out from the early morning breeze to get her hair and makeup done at the salon, and then she sat blankly in the dressing room wearing the dress Seo Jeong had chosen for her.

The blush- colored chiffon dress, made of silk, matched the innocent concept of an engaged woman. The draping done by hand, taking care of even small details, gave it a lovely yet luxurious feel.

Her hair was styled in half- up waves with a ribbon as a point of interest, which accentuated her innocent charm even more.

"Argh! If I knew it was Kang Hyun, I would have done it. Me!"

Yu Jin's volcanic eruptions of frustration continued throughout the day.

"Don't you know Kang Hyun? He's disrespectful and a playboy. You wouldn't be able to handle him."

Kyung Jin, Yu Jin's younger sister, clicked her tongue as she looked at her like that.

"I don't care. Can't I do it now? It doesn't have to be him anyway!"

Yu Jin, who couldn't let go of her regrets, continued to pester.

"Kyung Jin, take her away. She'll cause a scene today."

Hyun Jin, Yu Jin's older sister, said.

"What's this? Why is she marrying Kang Hyun? I'm really going crazy."

Yu Jin, who was already a mess, was tearing at her hair more as she yelled.

"You wouldn't have been able to do it anyway. Do you think Kang Hyun would have agreed if you had stepped forward for the marriage? He would rather die than marry his own sister. He stepped in because they were going to marry him to a child born out of wedlock."

"I don't care. Then I'll say I'm a child born out of wedlock too."

"What?"

The two, looking at Yu Jin who seemed to be not only lacking in sense but also aging in reverse, were taken aback, sighed, and looked at each other.

"Hey! You're lucky you're a child born out of wedlock."

But suddenly, Yu Jin turned her gaze to Yun and glared at her as if she wanted to kill her. At that, Yun flinched. Even after 10 years, facing Yu Jin made her body freeze automatically.

"What's with this luck? Hey, take off that dress! I'm going to wear it. Argh!"

Then, Yu Jin suddenly rushed at Yun. At that, Kyung Jin and Hyun Jin quickly held Yu Jin back, barely preventing a disaster.

Yun just closed her eyes and shivered.

"Didn't she take her medication earlier?"

Hyun Jin shook her head.

"She must have."

"Take her away. She might tear Yun's dress like that. After all, we need to get through the engagement ceremony smoothly."

Eventually, Kyung Jin dragged Yu Jin by the arm.

"Good grief, what did she eat to..."

Kyung Jin, barely managing to drag Yu Jin who was considerably larger than herself, went outside.

Yun, having undergone full makeup and wearing an uncomfortable, billowy, princess- like dress, had been shivering in fear while listening to all of Yu Jin's complaints and venting. As soon as Yu Jin left, she let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey!"

But this time, Hyun Jin crossed her arms and glared fiercely at Yun.

"Yes?"