Chapter 2.

2 months later...

The newly engaged feeling was definitely not going away anytime soon.

And eventually the newly married feeling was going to stay for a while.

As much as Brooklyn wanted to break the news to anyone willing to listen that she was engaged pretty much right after Phil proposed, she managed to wait at least a month before she spilled the news to her coworkers and detectives.

And obviously they were all very happy for her.

Wedding planning had started a month ago, the date set in the mid to late fall around Halloween time, giving them about 5 months to plan everything out.

Brooklyn had always loved Halloween and was obviously not passing up the chance of a Halloween wedding.

Phil knew better than to fight his love on something involving the wedding, so he just let her theme it however she wanted.

But Brooklyn obviously gave Phil some free rein as well. After all, it's his wedding too.

They were just in the middle of looking for a venue when the show they were watching switched to a breaking news channel.

And let's just say when they saw Alan's face in the top corner of the story, Brooklyn couldn't help but facepalm herself.

"What the fuck has he done now?" She asked rhetorically as Phil turned the volume up a bit.

"Let's see," He shrugged, wrapping an arm around Brooklyn's shoulders as the program went on.

Apparently, Alan thought it was the most brilliant idea to buy himself a giraffe and was driving him home in a trailer hooked onto the back of his car.

And obviously it was a stupid idea. But it was Alan. Stupid made sense to him like smart makes sense to the rest of the human body.

The reason he was on the news though shocked Brooklyn to her core.

Supposedly, Alan was coming up to a bridge that was way too low, and when he drove under it, the zoo animal was decapitated, sending the severed head flying back into the windshield of a car driving behind him.

Which obviously caused the poor family to swerve out of control and end up causing a huge crash which ended rather badly.

As the program continued, Brooklyn's professional instincts kicked in, making her fly off the couch, slip on her shoes and grab her purse from the table, making sure her squad car keys and Captain's badge were in it.

"Baby, you're not on shift," Phil declared. "There's already cops there."

"Well there's about to be another," She added before rushing out the door, hopping into her car and turning on the siren as she backed out. (Because she just casually had her squad car parked in hers and Phil's driveway instead of at her precinct??).

"Dispatch, this is Captain Billings with the 114, please show status as responding to the zoo animal incident. Requesting coordinates effective immediately," Brooklyn spoke into her car's intercom, swerving through traffic while still trying to be safe.

"911 Dispatch, we've got it all under control here, Captain. The 99, 118, & 221 are already on the scene. Enjoy your day off, as much as you can."

Well, never mind then.
(Don't question what I just wrote, needed something to fill in some space).

~~~~~~

Just a week after the whole giraffe incident, Phil's phone began ringing from the bed side table......