Chapter 7.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" Brooklyn rambled, her hands tightly holding at her scalp as she stared at the floor.

It all made sense now. Her mood swings, her queasy stomach, her low energy.

It all has to be because she's pregnant.

It has to be.

"Brooks, just calm down," Stu spoke gently but firmly, both his hands now on her shoulders as Brooklyn looked up at her friend. "You don't know for sure, so you need a test. And if it proves that you are, you need to tell Phil as soon as possible," He listed off, making Brooklyn nod slightly.

"Well I can't just spring it on him right now. I can't just go 'Hey babe, I might be pregnant' while we're dealing with Chow before I actually find out," Brooklyn pointed out, her words coming out so fast they were almost not making sense.

"And I don't know about you but I don't just carry around a waiting pregnancy test to use on the slight chance that I might be pregnant," She went on, conflicted about what to do.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay," Stu comforted. "You don't have to figure it out right this second, but you still should tell him just so he's aware," He advised, slowly nodding as Brooklyn did the same. "Okay?"

"Okay," She nodded, confirming. "But you can't give anything away either."

"Alright," Stu nodded. "Let's just get back to the table. I got you some water since I didn't know what you wanted but that was probably a good idea," Stu lightly chuckled, making Brooklyn manage to reciprocate before they went back to their table.

"You okay, baby?" Phil asked, pulling the chair next to him out for Brooklyn to sit. "Stomach still hurting?"

"Eh, it's alright," She lied, slightly shaking her head as if to tell Phil not to worry about it as Stu sat next to her.

They shared a brief glance, both of them biting their bottom lips before they turned back to Chow.

He wore a very blank face as he sang 'I Hurt Myself Today', his voice matching his face as the lyrics went on.

Alan set a hand over his heart, as if touched by the performance, while Phil sat absolutely stunned. "What the fuck am I watching?" He asked rhetorically.

When Chow wasn't looking, Stu took his drink and pulled out a syringe full of Demerol, hiding it under the table as he injected the contents into the alcohol. "Is that gonna be enough?" Phil asked.

"Oh, yeah," Stu nodded, stirring the drugs in with the needle. "This will take about a minute to kick in. We'll tell the waitress he's drunk. By the time we get back to the car, he'll be out cold," He said, looking up to see if Chow was looking then placed the glass back on the table when he wasn't.

"My empire of dirt. I will let you down," Chow continued singing, still in his monotone voice as he looked at the 4 at the table. "I will make you...... hurt," He finished singing, emphasizing the last word before smacking the microphone and stand on its side and walking off stage as the crowd clapped.

Alan gave Chow a standing ovation for his performance while Phil, Stu and Brooklyn simply clapped. Chow soon sat at the table between Alan and Stu as Phil pulled Alan back down from standing. "That was really nice, Chow," Phil commented.

"Thanks, Phil. The key is to sing from your heart," Chow thanked, looking at Phil.

Then he looked at Brooklyn and noticed the jewelry around her finger. "Hey, pretty lady, what's that on hand?" Chow asked, staring at Brooklyn's ring.

"Oh, well, surprise," She lightly chuckled, raising her hand to reveal the diamonds. "I'm engaged," She answered as Phil set an arm around the back of her chair, signifying that he put that ring on her finger.