Chapter 5.

The force of hitting the ground made Brooklyn groan in pain, landing on her side which stirred up the dust on the ground and in the bag, making her cough her lungs out.

When the bag was ripped off her head, the brightness of the sun blinded her, making her squint her eyes as she looked around and saw the guys all being taken out of the truck and onto the ground, also groaning and coughing.

"Please! This is a huge mistake!" Phil shouted, Alan being dropped next to him who was whimpering in fear, then Stu then Doug. "You got the wrong guys!"

"Nah, I got the right fucking guys!" A familiar gangster-like voice shouted, and they looked up to see the same black guy from Vegas 4 years ago, holding a gun to Phil's head. "Get him up. Pick him up. Put him here."

"You're Black Doug! That's Black Doug!" Alan shouted once he realized who he was.

The Other Doug was less then amused with the term than before, to which he then held the gun at Alan's face. "Shut the fuck up with that! Shut the fuck up!"

"Oh, my god. It is," Stu confirmed, turning angrily towards Alan. "Alan, tell me right now, why is Black Doug kidnapping us?!"

"I said don't call me that shit no more!" The Other Doug yelled again, now pointing the gun at Stu's head, who scaredly cowered at the weapon. "This ain't Alan's fault."

"Thank you, Black Doug," Alan thanked, but didn't realize his mistake.

"Oh—Motherfucker!!" The Other Doug exclaimed, his hands on his head as he then pointed the gun at Alan.

"Other Doug!" Brooklyn shouted, exasperated, turning The Other Doug's attention to her. "Other Doug! What about that?"

That seemed to work best as The Other Doug lowered the gun from Alan's head. "Why are you doing this?" Phil asked, panting as he stood a little straighter.

"Because," A deep masculine voice spoke from out of nowhere from behind the loading truck.

The group turned around to see a large, intimidating man wearing a pair of sunglasses and a decorative scarf. "I told him to. And whether you know it or not, we all have something in common. And it all started 4 years ago when this moron," He continued, pushing The Other Doug's gun down from Alan's head before heading towards him. "Sold the wrong drugs to this dumb fuck. You have no idea the chain of events that set into motion that night in the parking of a fucking liquor store."

Brooklyn tried to rack through her memory from 4 years ago, at her Doug's bachelor party in Vegas that went horribly wrong but was able to redeem itself.

The only thing she could remember from then was her brother's wedding and when she and Phil fell in love at said wedding.

However, now that she thought about it, she did remember hearing something about a guy named Marshall.

It was when they had accused The Other Doug of selling Alan roofies instead of ecstasy. He'd said something about a guy named Marshall and how he wasn't going to be pleased with the situation.

Brooklyn was guessing this scary guy was Marshall. He gave off the energy of a man of great power, confident he was some sort of crime boss with legitimate authority and sources that made murder a hobby.

"Marshall..." Stu pondered, his face twisted up in deep thought before he looked back up to the man. "You're Marshall. You brought us out here because of that?"

The man, now legitimately known as Marshall, chuckled despite not sounding the happiest at Stu's conclusion. "You're not here because of that. You're here because some Chinaman I never heard of strolls into my town and takes one of my guys off the street!" Marshall yelled, his voice growing louder with anger each passing word.