Prologue

Chat Noir and Ladybug are sitting on the roof overlooking the Eiffel Tower with the setting sun in the background. There is silence around them as Chat Noir is lost in his own thoughts. Fresh memories of past events are still fresh in his mind. Only five days have passed since then, but he feels like he's reliving that day over and over again, blaming himself for the separation of his father and Nathalie. He still remembers the words of the past Nathalie about don't blame himself for adults' mistakes that he have no control over. However he can't stop blame himself and his mother's action every time he sees Nathalie. He is pulled out of his thoughts by a ladybug who places her hand on his shoulder.

L: Adrien, what's bothering you?

Ch: Shouldn't we call each other by our superhero names?

L: We're alone and I can see your thoughts eating you up from the inside, so we can let go of the rules for now.

Ch: "Thank you Marinette". Adrien smiled cockily.

L: What's bothering you so much?

Ch: Our adventure in the past. I still remember it as if we had just returned to our times, even though almost a week has passed.

L: You still blame yourself?

Ch: Yes, even though I know I shouldn't. I had no influence on my mother's decisions but...

Ladybug grabbed Chat Noir's hand, intertwining her fingers.

L:But?

Ch: But seeing Nathalie putting on a good face as if my father's death had no meaning for her hurts me. I know she's only doing this to be strong for me but I don't want that. I tried to tell her repeatedly that she didn't have to be strong for me. She has the right to be weak and I will always be there for her, but she just smiles at me and says she appreciates my words. I blame myself for Nathalie's suffering, she lost my father for the second time and it was again my fault and there is nothing I can do about it.

L: You know, Adrien, everyone grieves differently. Your father is a perfect example of this.

Ch: But he was forced to love, probably if he really loved my mother he would have behaved differently.

L: You don't know it. Even though your father was forced to love, in his subconscious these feelings were real. I'm not defending your mother at this point, but she only made your father fall in love with her and the rest was up to him.

Ch: Do you think if Nathalie died he would act the same way?

L: Maybe. People do stupid things for love.

Ch: Maybe you're right.

L: As for your father's death, you are not to blame for anything. It was your father who decided to use cataclysm on himself, taking my lucky charm and dooming himself to death. He could have tried to ask us for help, but he didn't.

Ch: But if there had been no cataclysm in our plan, nothing would have happened.

L: You can't know that. Your father acted like he had nothing to lose. If he had not been injured by the cataclysm, he could have been injured in other ways. His actions became thoughtless and they led him to his undoing.

Ch: But why did his actions become thoughtless. He still had me and Nathalie?

L: You remember your mother's words. Nathalie stood against your father. Even though your father denied his feelings for Nathalie, her actions probably caused him to act mindlessly in an attempt to hide his pain.

Ch: So it's Nathalie's fault? I think she had a reason to turn away from him.

L: You're definitely right and I don't think it's Nathalie's fault. As I said, people do stupid things when they are in love and also when they suffer from love.