Chapter 1

Gabriel slowly opened his eyes, squinting slightly as he tried to adjust to the light falling from the large window in the crypt. The silhouettes of four figures appeared before his eyes. They were slightly blurred, making Gabriel unable to recognize them. After a while his eyes adjust. He was currently on the ground in the crypt where he last made his wish. All the memories began to come back to him, weighing more and more on his heart. He didn't understand why he came back. Has his wish not come true and he will  be doomed to suffer again, blaming himself for Nathalie's condition. He was brought out of his thoughts by the sound of loud footsteps indicating someone was running. When he looked ahead, he saw Adrien running towards the elevator. Seeing this, he realized that Adrien had probably found out the truth and now hated him. He sighed heavily and slowly rise up from the floor. However, his legs failed him, causing him to almost fall. He was saved from falling by Marinette and a man holding him under their arms.

M: Please be careful, Mr. Agreste. You are probably very weak.

G: Why am I here?

...............................................................

Marinette was slightly surprised by this question. She thought Gabriel will be grateful to be brought back to life, or at least his first question would be about Nathalie or Adrien. She was beginning to wonder if Nathalie was right and Gabriel only wanted to be with his wife. However, she quickly got rid of these thoughts, remembering their adventure in the past. Even though this Gabriel is unaware of his wife's wishes, she is certain about his feelings towards Nathalie.

M: We brought you back.

G: But why?

...............................................................

Marinette also asked herself this question. She didn't have as much faith as Adrien had in his father. Even though she saw a different version of Gabriel, she couldn't make it come true in her thoughts. She witnessed how Gabriel became more and more insane, able to kill anyone, even her. That's why she knew that the only answer to this question was her love for Adrien. If it weren't for him, she would have left things as they were.

M: "For Adrien." She said it almost in a whisper, but loud enough for Gabriel to hear.

Gabriel didn't answer. Many thoughts were running through his head

(Gabriel's thoughts) Why did Adrien want me to come back if he knows who I am. Does he want me to be punished for all the evil I have done to him and Paris? So why was he willing to sacrifice an innocent person to bring me back? Is everything okay with Natalia? After all, I gave my life so that she could live on. Could Adrien have killed Nathalie, bringing me back to life? That's probably why he ran to check if she was okay. It doesn't surprise me. I'm sure if Adrien had to choose between me and Nathalie, he would choose Nathalie.

Gabriel moved towards the elevator with his three companions helping him keep his balance. As they took the elevator upstairs, Gabriel felt a slight shiver. He realized that he would have to face the consequences of his actions. When they left the office, he saw Nathalie, who looked very thoughtful. When she raised her head, their eyes met. Gabriel breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that Nathalie was alive and well. He tried to read in her eyes whether she still hated him, but he saw nothing. He didn't know if Nathalie was so good at hiding her hatred for him or if his sacrifice made her forgive him. Nathalie was the first to look away from Gabriel and look at Adrien.

N: Adrien, I'll be in my room if you need me.

...............................................................

Adrien just nodded and smiled slightly. Nathalie also smiled back at him and then headed into the room without even looking at Gabriel. When she disappeared through the door, Adrien's face turned to his father. His eyes darkened and he became sadder. Gabriel felt like he was no longer welcome in his home, so he still didn't understand why he was brought back. His companions led him to the kitchen, helping him sit on one of the stool. Then everyone stood on the opposite side of the kitchen island, staring intently at Gabriel. Adrien walked to the fridge and took out a bottle of mineral water. He poured the contents into a glass and handed it to his father. Gabriel nodded in thanks. There was a very tense atmosphere in the kitchen, with the four of them exchanging knowing glances with each other. This was starting to weigh heavily on Gabriel, so he decided to be direct. After seeing the recording's Emilie realized that he had lost everything, so he wasn't afraid of prison or death again.