Chapter 5

Judgment day has come. Qualified personnel from the HR department are scheduled to arrive today to assess the new acquisition of Gabriel's Brand. Nathalie had been nervous since the morning. She wanted everything to be perfect and their scam not to come to light. She was afraid that Gabriel, being too recognizable, would be easy to recognize despite the change in appearance.

Nathalie sent Adrien to school and then went to Gabriel's room, waiting for him to come out of the bathroom. After a few minutes, Gabriel came out wearing a white shirt with a light purple bow tie and gray pants. His hair was combed to the right side and oval glasses with a thick, black frame were placed on his nose. To further change Gabriel's facial features, Nathalie suggested growing a beard, but she quickly abandoned the idea, knowing how much Gabriel dislikes facial hair. When Gabriel appeared, Nathalie began to look at him closely, making sure everything looked perfect. Although Gabriel was still recognizable to her, she hoped that to strangers he would become someone new. Still nervous, she walked up to him, slightly smoothing out her bow tie. It was her way of controlling her nerves.

Gabriel, who noticed Nathalie's nervousness, grabbed both of her hands that were currently on his bow, holding them tightly yet gently in his hands. With this gesture, Nathalie looked at him. Although not a single word came out of his mouth, Nathalie read words of comfort in his eyes. At this point, they both stood close to each other, looking deeply into each other's eyes. They found peace in their reflections and lost themselves in it, forgetting about the rest of the world. They were broken out of their trance by the doorbell ringing, announcing the arrival of the expected guest. Nathalie quickly pulled her hands from Gabriel's grasp and quickly left his room. Gabriel stared at his hands for a moment and then at the space where Nathalie had been standing moments earlier. Hearing voices coming from downstairs, he left the room and went to the atelier.

After a few minutes, Nathalie and a tall brunette dressed in a gray suit joined him. The tall brunette began to look at him carefully, assessing his appearance. He didn't say a word, just muttered something under his breath. Then he asked to see the designs. Gabriel walked over to the monitor presenting his two projects. They caused him quite a lot of problems because he couldn't deviate from the style he had been creating for so many years. He repeatedly deleted projects and started them again. He was happy with these two. He used a technique he had used before he was noticed. There were many mistakes in his first projects, but thanks to his experience he was able to turn them into something good. The HR representative looked at these projects carefully, then wrote something down in his notebook. After a few minutes, he finally spoke.

...............................................................

Representative: Your dignity?

G: Richard Sphinks.

...............................................................

It was a name he chose for himself. He and Nathalie spent one night thinking about the perfect name and surname that wouldn't arouse anyone's suspicions. They thoroughly searched the entire Internet to make sure no such person existed. Thanks to this, Gabriel was able to assume a new identity for an indefinite period of time. Thanks to Nathalie's former contacts, they managed to illegally include some information about Richard Sphinx, creating his CV. Gabriel also changed the pitch of his voice to make sure he wouldn't be recognized. His voice was now much lower, closer to Hawk Moth's

Representative: Even though you are a new addition, you have very good skills. Your work is close to the work of the famous Gabriel Agreste. I think Mrs. Sanceour made a very good choice. Please continue to develop and perhaps in the near future you will surpass the founder of Gabriel's Brand.

G: I would be honored.

...............................................................

The HR representative nodded and left, leaving the two adults behind. Gabriel and Nathalie exhaled in relief, knowing that their ruse had worked. When all the tension had left their bodies and their minds were free from worries, an unexpected person appeared at the door.