Chapter 4

The next day, Adrien woke up, starting his morning routine. While brushing his teeth, the realization of his yesterday's actions hit him in the face. Panicked, he spat the contents of the toothpaste into the sink, dirtying the mirror in the process. Plagg, seeing Adrien's unusual behavior, flew up to him.

P: Kid what happened?

Adrien, hearing Plagg's voice, grabbed him in his hands and looked at he with wide, terrified eyes. He looked like he was about to have a panic attack.

P: Adrien calm down. Inhales and exhales.

Adrien took a few breaths. Then he let go Plagg and lean on the sink with both hands.

P: Adrien, what did you do?

A:I'm afraid I've just ruined any chance for Nathalie and my father to be reunited.

P: What are you talking about?

A: Yesterday I accidentally made Nathalie aware that I would be trying to reunite her with my father.

P: Is it that bad?

A: "Yes!" Adrien shouted. " Sorry, I didn't mean to. Now every time I try to reunite them, Nathalie will feel awkward, which may only worsen their relationship."

P: You can't know that. Nathalie is in love with your father. Maybe it won't bother her.

A: You heard what Nathalie said over and over again. She still thinks my father has no feelings for her.

P: I still don't understand what the problem is. Nathalie will realize she was wrong and you will have a happy family.

A: It's not that simple, Plagg. My dad isn't emotional. They could both tell themselves that it doesn't mean anything and they are doing it for my good. Even though they are in love with each other, they felt comfortable doing intimate things because they never expressed aloud what they really had in common. Now that Nathalie is aware of my actions, she won't be able to pretend it doesn't mean anything.

P: But how were you going to bring them together if they kept telling each other that their closeness meant nothing?

A: After some time they would realize this. I hoped that when they were close again, my father would understand how much he missed this closeness and would make a move.

P: I think you're worrying too much about all this.

A: I think I need advice from someone else.

P: What do mea...

Plagg didn't have time to answer because Adrien transformed into Chat Noir. When he was about to jump out of the bathroom window to go to Marinette, he heard a knock on the door.

N: Adrien are you okay, I heard you screaming.

Ch: Yes, Nathalie, I'm fine, I just hit my foot on the sink.

Adrien didn't like lying to Nathalie but he knew he couldn't let her enter the room.

N: Do you want me to bring you some salve?

Ch: There's no need to. Is father waiting with breakfast?

N: Yes.

Ch: I'll be in a moment

Chat Noir transformed back into Adrien, waiting to hear Nathalie's retreating footsteps. When he heard it, he quickly turned to his kwamii.

A: Fly to Marinette and tell her I'd like to meet her before school. I need to talk to her urgently.

P: Can't you do it at school?

A: I can't because she is the only one aware that my father is alive.

P: All right. Where do you want to meet?