| CHAPTER 3 |

Sunrays are hitting my face and creating an enchanting vibe

Sunrays are hitting my face and creating an enchanting vibe. I hear birds chirping in the morning, and then my alarm goes off with that trrrrrtrrrr sound.

I woke up, checked the time (it's 6 o'clock), and I got freshen up, take a shower, and put on my school uniform.

I'm so nervous for my first day at school.

I quickly shower and get ready in my school uniform with my hair tied up in pleats.

I'm still struggling with these pleats, and I seem to have messed up again. Like seriously I don't know why I messed up i tried to learn so much but still I can't able to tied my hair. Trust me I am very bad at hairstyling my hair so definitely making braids are also too much for me.

I need my mom's help, so I run downstairs and ask her, "Mumma, can you please help me with my pleats?"

But she says, "Ruhi beta, not now. You need to learn to do this on your own. I won't always be there to help you. I'm reading an important case today for surgery."

I nod and head back to my room.

This situation always happens to me - my parents are always so busy with their lives. They don't even ask if I've eaten or how I'm feeling or what happened at school. Am I feeling comfortable, in school? Did I have any friends?

They just don't seem to care. I am not saying that they should ignore their work but I just want their 10 minutes from their 24 hours, is it too much to ask a few minutes from their schedule.

No Ruhi don't cry...try to make the hair hnn and she is right, I need to learn this because she won't be with me every time.

Anyways, let's focus on tying pleats. I was messing with my braid, still couldn't make it when I felt someone holding my hair and started making pleats.

I saw him in the mirror, and there was my savior, my brother. I smiled at him. He's always been very kind; since childhood, he has taken care of me just like his own child - always feeds me, helps me, and does my hair.

"Done," he said, and I gave him a thumbs up.

He smiled and slightly ruffled my hair, to which I said, "Don't do this, bhai, my hair will get messy."

He chuckled and said, "I can't help it."

He caressed my cheeks, kissed my forehead and said, "All the best, baccha...do your best...remember my wishes are with you and if there's any problem, I'm here."

I smiled at him and nodded.

Then, I ate my breakfast and ran out of the house, waiting for the bus.

After five minutes, the bus came, and my stomach started churning with nervousness. I was feeling anxious and everyone gave me curious looks.

I settled into the window seat of a three-seater, my name attached on it, silently hoping for a drama-free day.

As the bus stopped, a girl with captivating black eyes and long, shiny hair in pleats sat beside me. She had a friendly smile, and her features exuded warmth. Her eyes sparkled with kindness, and her hair cascaded down her shoulders in glossy waves.